PDA

View Full Version : Still haven't done a fire drill practise

Tammy
25-10-2008, 10:52 PM
I only have one 2yr old once a week and not every week so I've not done a fire drill yet. The main reason I haven't done one is because he's been away from me off and on a lot (his mum takes him to work sometimes she's a nanny) I constantly feel he's getting used to being with me all over again and a fire drill might just freak him out. He's only been coming to me since Aug and not that many times since then.

What would you do?

Sam

Blaze
25-10-2008, 11:20 PM
I'd do the fire drill...better he freaks during a practice then the real thing!:eek:

sarah707
26-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Do a fire practice... make lots of fire engine noises all afternoon, colour them, draw them, watch Fireman Sam, play with them, talk about them...

Then during cooking tea have the alarms go off and pick him up and out you go for a few minutes looking for the fire engine.

Turn the alarms off, go back in and remind him what to do if it happens another time.

Make it fun and exciting and not a bit scary. :D

crazybones
26-10-2008, 07:54 AM
I agree. We had a fire drill last night because I have to use the little oven, which is also the grill and its smokey. :laughing: Pain in the bum when my 2 year old son is in the highchair shouting Fire Fire Come On Everybody. Hubby gives me that look as if to say Do we have to? :laughing: But YES we do.

Rubybubbles
26-10-2008, 08:28 AM
I agree do it:thumbsup:

I set the alarm off cooking last night:blush: and I heard my son and dd saying right come on, front door is the closest I was so proud (they are 4 and 6)

breezy
26-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Do it in a really fun way, like Sarah says, then god forbid if the real thing happens it will be just another drill to lil one