PDA

View Full Version : firework night activity

zoex
25-10-2008, 10:30 AM
what sort of activities are everyone doing for firework night. i am doing chalk pictures and rockets but cant think of anything else to do?
i only got 2 yr olds.

:) thanks

shelly04
25-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi there,

Just been on a site called activityvillage.co.uk, has loads of ideas for Bonfire Night etc. When you load up this site, look at the top left corner and it has a column with different celebrations. Not sure how to give a direct link.

Shellyxx

FizzysFriends
25-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Not an activity for mindees but I thought I would share - we are having a bonfire because there are loads of firework displays but nobody seems to have a bonfire anymore.

sarah707
26-10-2008, 07:27 AM
We will be making firework pictures in paints, chalk, crayons etc on black paper... decorating tubes to make rockets, which we will photograph, load onto the comp and print out... talking about the firework display we'll be going to see and I'll do a listening obs... watching fireworks on youtube... looking at firework pics on Google for inspiration... colouring a fireworks pic... making a fireworks pic in Paint program and printing it out...

I have asked children's parents for some ideas as well.

When we've finished them all I will hole punch them all and make them into a little booklet to share with parents. :D

Trouble
26-10-2008, 07:45 AM
and safety of course

what about some katherine wheel biscuits???

hello kitty
26-10-2008, 10:06 AM
and safety of course

what about some katherine wheel biscuits???

Nice idea. We make sparklers using choc fingers dipped in hot water for a couple of seconds then dipped into hundreds and thousands. :)

We also make sparklers using a chop stick and sticking curling ribbons to the end.

Bonfire pics using twigs and orange, red and yellow tissue for the flames.

Fireworks like Sarah said using kitchen roll tubes and decorating.

Thinking of making some sort of "guy" this year, still working on that one though!

Nicki L
26-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Nice idea. We make sparklers using choc fingers dipped in hot water for a couple of seconds then dipped into hundreds and thousands. :)

We also make sparklers using a chop stick and sticking curling ribbons to the end.

Bonfire pics using twigs and orange, red and yellow tissue for the flames.

Fireworks like Sarah said using kitchen roll tubes and decorating.

Thinking of making some sort of "guy" this year, still working on that one though!

We made sparklers last year, i had forgotten bout those - thanks!! xx

PixiePetal
26-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Bonfire is BIG in the town where I live. (Google Lewes bonfire)

Can't wait. Children get involved from an early age, shops shut early and board up for the night on the procession route. It is HUGE. :D

Will have to think of things to do.

Spangles
26-10-2008, 04:40 PM
My little boy is scared of big, loud noises so I hate bonfire night.

People have had fireworks already around here but luckily he's been asleep before they start. I'm dreading fireworks it's going to be so stressful and upsetting for him.

miffy
28-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Some great ideas thanks

One of my faves (think it was Angel's originally) is chocolate sparklers - choc finger biscuit dipped in warm water (just the end to soften the choc) then rolled in 100's and 1000's

Miffy xx

angeldelight
29-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Some great ideas thanks

One of my faves (think it was Angel's originally) is chocolate sparklers - choc finger biscuit dipped in warm water (just the end to soften the choc) then rolled in 100's and 1000's

Miffy xx

Yeah it was my idea

The kids do them every year and they are soooo easy and they taste very yummy

Angel xx

Tatia
29-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Some ideas here, too:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18193