PDA

View Full Version : soap flakes

danast
24-10-2008, 08:42 PM
I want to make a soap flakes messy play but do not know how to do it.
Does anybody knows:rolleyes:
And also i have heard you can put in it food colouring and make shapes from cookie cutters and make little soaps.
Does anybody knows how to do this one?
thank you

madasahatter
24-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Have you got the soap flakes? I've been searching for some in my local supermarket for weeks now and they haven't had any.
Ok then,
Idea 1: get your soapflakes, sprinkle them into a tray (thin layer will do), let children add their own warm water (not too much) and mix. They will get a slimy sloppy mix. You can add colouring if you want or a few drops of an essentail oil for smell.
Idea 2: to make small soaps the soap flakes need to be mixed with much less water. Again use warm water as it softens the flakes up better, but this time adding it gradually as if you were making pastry so that it all binds together. Again you can add a few drops of food colouring or essential oil. When the flakes have bound together you can shape it with your hands or flatten it and cut out shapes with cutter (basic ones are best). The soaps then need to be left to dry. Last Christmas we made star and heart shaped ones. The children wrapped them in a circle of lacey (sp) fabric tied with a ribbon as a gift for their mums.
I'm sure others will be along with their ideas too:)

jellytot
24-10-2008, 09:00 PM
soap flakes in wilkinsons

Dragonfly
25-10-2008, 07:20 AM
waitrose lux soap flakes::)

madasahatter
25-10-2008, 10:53 AM
wish we had either of them in our town. We've just got a morrisons (none again this morning) and sainsburies (couldn't find any there either). Wish I'd thought to look in Tesco's when we went to Bradford last week.

DCS
25-10-2008, 12:07 PM
i'm thinking outside the box here, but could you just grate a bar of soap?

cecile
x

Helpinghands
27-10-2008, 09:17 PM
They sell it in my Morrisons! Its with all the washing powder brands. Pink and white box (Looks like they have never changed the design!)

Also Tesco's, but must admit, they didnt have it a month ago...high demand from childminders probably!

miffy
27-10-2008, 09:22 PM
soap flakes in wilkinsons

Got mine from there - cheap too!

Miffy xx

angeldelight
28-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Tesco have always got them - they are their own brand and cost just under a pound

Angel xx

hello kitty
28-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Got them delivered by Tesco yesterday called "Grannys Soap Flakes" down with the washing powders. :)