PDA

View Full Version : 3 children under 2 years ??

PaulaR
24-10-2008, 04:25 PM
A freind of a freind has aksed me to have her child three days. This will mean on one day a week, I will have a 17 month old, a 12 month old and a 6 month old.

Am i completely mad or have others managed ok?? I will be ok at todders but back at my house, I'm not so sure???

Alibali
24-10-2008, 04:37 PM
I had a 3 month old a 12 month old and an 18 month old all full time 2 years ago-I still have them all now and it is much easier now, but it was fine when they were little too cos they all got into a similair routine and the have always slept for 2 hours after lunch so I could recover! I find it harder with little ones and bigger ones as some sleep and some don't and they are all at different stages. You should be fine.

Bushpig
24-10-2008, 04:43 PM
I have a 12 month old, a 15 month old and a 16 month old on one day every week... getting around is tricky, so I keep things very local. They get on well though and all is going fine :)

I have 1 x 3 yr old, 2 x 2 yr olds and 3 x 1 yr olds... mixed and matchd throughout the week. All works fine, just needs planning and forethought logistically.

Chatterbox Childcare
24-10-2008, 04:50 PM
I had 3 - 2 were 1.5 and the 3rd was 9mths

They are were girls and grew up together and now they are 12 they are the best of friends

Was it hard work? yes at times but very rewarding and they all did things together at the same time, including lunch and bedtime!

PaulaR
25-10-2008, 01:14 PM
thank you, you have all reassured me. I will need to get another high chair and I am worried about moving them out of the car to do the school run but it is only one day so i hope it will be ok.
If some of you cna amnage full time, I should manage one day.

ChocolateChip
27-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Just catching up Paula, I have 3 a couple days a week, when it started they were 9mths, 14mths and 18mths.
I just used to take them out to the car or buggy one by one, leaving one in a high chair if nec (my dd went through a phase of pushing the others over!), the lounge has stairgates on both doors, as long as there is nothing around they can hurt themselves with it will be fine. Obviously I leave the front door open so they can see me from behind the stairgate, I talk to them all the while and they are all in the routine now and know they have to wait their turn to be taken out.
We tend to go out in the mornings, come back for lunch, then nap before getting up and ready for the school run.
A s someone else has said it's just a matter of routine, so hope it goes well for you.

Lou
27-10-2008, 04:00 PM
I have 3 under 2 every day, i dont get much call for older ones due to the nursery funding.

Yes it can be hard work BUT as has been said very rewarding and they all still sleep, so they all go down for a nap at the same time which gives me time to do some paperwork in the afternoon (or at least have a coffee in peace) and its worth it just for that!!!

tomthumb
28-10-2008, 07:58 AM
I have 2 at the momenet and a third one starting next week and I can' wait. I will just need to fit the third one in the routine as he doesn't sleep at the same time at the moment. It is nice to have one to two hours to yourself in the day (although, this is when I cook dinner so sometimes, I just have enough time to cook and they wake up!)
Good luck anyway

Elodie X

PaulaR
28-10-2008, 09:19 AM
thank you very much for your advice with three under two. It sounds like getting in a routine is important. I do go to todlers in the morning and i guess all three will fall asleep on the way home.
I do have problems with one that doesn;t like to be moved from the car to the house and often wakes up the moment he touches the cot.
Do you all have three cots? Or do you manage with buggies? I have enough problems with one cot, I can't imagine three.

ChocolateChip
29-10-2008, 10:45 AM
The oldest of my 3 is my own dd so she sleeps in her bed, then I have 2 travel cots, 1 in my son's room and 1 in mine (that's the only time I use my room, older children aren't allowed in there).
I use monitors but tbh the walls are like paper anyway, it's nice in the summer though to plug them in by the back door and be able to sit outside for 20 minutes peace in between nipping up to check on them!