PDA

View Full Version : INCREASE OF REGISTRATION FEES PLEASE READ!!!!!

silvana1
18-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Are you aware that Ofsted is planning to increase the registration fee for registered childminders starting in September for 5 -7 register the fee is going to be £ 103.
There is currently a consultation going which is being kept very quiet by Ofsted and it is only when you look on the NCMA website that you find out about this.
There is a draft letter on the website plus the email address you need to send your letter to. Please be quick because you have only got till the 20/02/08 to do this.
This is in all our interest so I would urge as many as possible to reply to the link on the NCMA website.

Please feel free to ask me questions.
yours silvana

katickles
18-01-2008, 02:00 PM
yikes!!!
I will check that out this afternoon!!:eek:

miffy
18-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks for that

I always have trouble getting on the ncma site but will have a look

Miffy xx

ruby
18-01-2008, 02:17 PM
thank you will have a look in a minute

cathy and rachel

sarah707
18-01-2008, 02:17 PM
I put a sample letter in this thread the other day -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1750

It is not my work! It is good though... :D

katickles
18-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Sorry -where abouts on the NCMA website is the info?:rolleyes:

silvana1
18-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Hi
the information is on the home page of the NCMA website ( first page ) It is written in green near the bottom of the page.
The NCMA website is www.*************
This may be why some have had a problem finding the website.
If anyone has any problem getting the letter, I can email you the sample letter of the ncma site and the email address it needs to be sent to. You will also need to send a copy to the NCMA chair. I have her email address.
hope this helps
silvana

sarah707
18-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Thanks for that Silvana... it's a very important topic and one we have discussed as it will have far reaching consequences, not least on our budgets for the next few years. :(

Why not pop into 'say hello' and introduce yourself to our ladies and gents...

Talk soon x :D

littlepixies
18-01-2008, 09:54 PM
hey, all

A few months back in the ncma newsletter to your email addys it stated about all this! Its a joke they want to increase this by september then by 2010 they want to increase again for minders looking after under 5s to like £150 or summt which means it would have increased by 400%. I think they are doing this to get rid of the crappy childminders that do it for "easy money" and dont actually do what there ment to if you catch my drift.
Yes the ones that do all the paper work and make out they are doing what they are ment to but when it actually comes to looking after the mindies. they are just left to get on with things while the minder does her house work ect!
So i can see there is a good reason but i feel it makes it very hard for us minders trying to do our best and try and give mindies the best start, putting alot of effort and hard work in to what we do. As well as spend alot of time out of paid hours doing paper work which is soon to be increased. To be able to earn a worth while living from this. As at the mo we are charging way under min wage on an hrly basis, yet do alot more work than shelf stackers in tesco!!!!
I recently reseached what sort of thing im up against in my area... along with approx 33 childminders in a 6 mile radious, i also have 3 school nurserys which provide goverment funded care, 4 private nurserys which are charging £131.00 a week for a full time 8-6 placement for a 1yr old on average!!!! how the hell can us childminder compeat with this and cover costs as well as make a worth while living~

Rubybubbles
21-01-2008, 06:22 PM
good grief £100+ is a joke

will take a look later, thanks for the link