PDA

View Full Version : Important regarding assistants

Pauline
24-10-2008, 06:53 AM
By 2011, if you have an assistant, you must be qualified to level 3

If you are registering now and want an assistant, you must be qualified to level 3 NOW

However, it is not clear whether Ofsted are applying this to those people who register their mum, sister etc. to cover school runs or if it is only those who employ and assistant full time.

If/when I find out more I will let you know. :)

angeldelight
24-10-2008, 06:55 AM
Someone told me this information yesterday Pauline

I was not sure if it was correct

It must be then if you " The boss " Say so

Thanks for that

Angel xxx

SimplyLucy
24-10-2008, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the info Pauline. I still don't know if I'm level 3 or not. Been waiting for a year now for someone to confirm if my Btec is still valid or not!

Pauline
24-10-2008, 07:08 AM
Someone told me this information yesterday Pauline

I was not sure if it was correct

It must be then if you " The boss " Say so

Thanks for that

Angel xxx

Well, I am only the messenger but I do trust my information source implicitly. :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
24-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Thanks Pauline

Very interesting - haven't heard anything at this end yet but have sent a copy to my DO.

Polly2
24-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Does the DHC count as level 3?

Chatterbox Childcare
24-10-2008, 07:37 AM
I did the course prior to this which was ICP, DCP and ECP - when I completed it I got another certificate called CCP (Certificate in Childcare Practice) and this was the level 3 one.

Check with your trainer or ring the establishment who took your training.

mrsb
24-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the info Pauline. I still don't know if I'm level 3 or not. Been waiting for a year now for someone to confirm if my Btec is still valid or not!

I rang and asked and my btec nd in childcare is a valid level 3 if that is any help?