PDA

View Full Version : met a childminder!!

kindredspirits
23-10-2008, 09:27 PM
i finally plucked up the courage to talk to another childminder i see in the playground today (hello if you know who you are! ;) ) we've met before but it was months ago and i don't think she remembered me at first, but we got talking and she's taken my number in case she gets anyone thru she can't take, and also asked if i was going to the childminder drop in thats every friday tomorrow, i've been trying to work up the guts to go to that as well so i told her i'd make the effort to go despite george's broken leg! :clapping: feeling proud of myself, i'm shy so its difficult for me to approach people who i think won't give a damn if i am even alive! ;)

Pipsqueak
23-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Nothing ventured nothing gained well done Kindred:clapping: :clapping:

Sometimes all it takes is a kind smile and a few words - after all as the wisdom of Dr Pepper says - whats the worst that could happen lol

Gherkin
23-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Good for you. It is hard to meet other people at the best of times but I have to say that I find childminders an even harder bunch to get involed with as many of them have their little support networks.

GO GIRL!

Annie_T
23-10-2008, 09:31 PM
well done on both you to meet. is hard when your with children all day and going to meet soemone who is or was on same level as you is hard. real adult convo at last huh x

haribo
23-10-2008, 09:32 PM
thats lovely for you im a bit like that too-and i find it really hard to make small talk so im no good at parties, but at a childminders drop in there will be loads to natter about lol,a bit like coming on here. hope you enjoy it x

kindredspirits
23-10-2008, 09:37 PM
thanks i am quite looking forward to it - and i hope it gets me used to going to other groups as i could do with a bit more daytime work!

LittleAcorns
23-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Well done, i used to be painfully shy and i mean painfully, saying hello to someone who spoke to me first was petrifying....now I shock myself, I talk to everyone lol anyone who will listen to me that is :laughing: :laughing: well done to you, I know how hard it can be.....enjoy tomorrow and let us know how you get on xxx

angeldelight
23-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Well done to you

Hope it goes ok tomorrow good luck

Angel xx

singlewiththree
24-10-2008, 06:24 AM
Go for it! hope you have a good time.

I've not got the courage to go to our local childminders group and I know most of them. I just feel like an intruder at the moment as I'm not minding yet.

Good luck
Paula

Mollymop
24-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Well done hun!!:clapping:

LOOPYLISA
24-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Well done :D

kindredspirits
24-10-2008, 10:33 AM
i went and everyone was really nice... had to chase george around all the time, but it was lovely so i'm going to go again after half term.:clapping:

elizabeth
24-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Glad you had a good time, try to keep going, it will get easier talking to new people.

OrlandoBelle
24-10-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm glad you had a good time.

I also suffer from low self-esteem and am very shy. However I am getting better. I am doing my Early Years Modules and have been chatting to a few other childminders there.

I have wanted to be a childminder for ages, but don't think I would ever have had the guts to go through with it if it wasn't for my partner. He encouraged me to do it and has given me so much love and support through it all. I will be registered in a few weeks and can't wait to get started.

You just have to put yourself out there. Like Pipsqueak said...What's the worse that can happen?

I am currently reading Instant Confidence by Paul McKenna. Would reccommend it.

Good luck. xxx

madasahatter
24-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Well done for plucking up the courage. Most of us other childminders are quite friendly and approachable ;)
Whilst I wouldn't say I was shy (definitely not), when I'm with new people who I don't know I can never think of things to say beyond the initial hello, so often end up with embarassing silences:o

Chatterbox Childcare
24-10-2008, 05:22 PM
You should go on Friday - strike whilst the iron is hot. Sounds like a lovely childminder you met today and I am sure she will make you welcome and will introduce you to others in the area

Networking like this is a great way to be known

Go on be a devil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pipsqueak
24-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Well done for plucking up the courage. Most of us other childminders are quite friendly and approachable ;)
Whilst I wouldn't say I was shy (definitely not), when I'm with new people who I don't know I can never think of things to say beyond the initial hello, so often end up with embarassing silences:o

Do something quite mad and unexpected - it breaks the ice:D