PDA

View Full Version : Capital Grant O M G

nell57
23-10-2008, 07:50 PM
:eek: :panic: :jump for joy:

I've been to a meeting tonight on how to apply for the grant and we've been told that there is a minimum we can apply( That's all childminders in the area), which I have now seen in black and white £2500

Had heard rumours it was this much but didn't believe it until tonight.

I'm still in shock, still waiting for the catch somewhere.

Helen

miffy
23-10-2008, 07:52 PM
I am moving .....................:D

That's great and I am just a teeny weeny bit jealous!

Miffy xx

crazybones
23-10-2008, 07:54 PM
WOW- that's fab. :clapping:

nell57
23-10-2008, 07:54 PM
I am moving .....................:D

That's great and I am just a teeny weeny bit jealous!

Miffy xx

I do feel a teeny weeny bit guilty cus I'm well aware that some poeple aren't even getting anything:blush:

Like I say still waiting for the catch

Helen

Rubybubbles
23-10-2008, 07:56 PM
whoa thats fab!! hope it all goes through for you

manjay
23-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Get your application in quick before they change their minds:thumbsup:

fionamal
23-10-2008, 08:00 PM
OMG! Get in there quick before they change their minds about it.

We get nothing up here so your very lucky

miffy
23-10-2008, 08:02 PM
I do feel a teeny weeny bit guilty cus I'm well aware that some poeple aren't even getting anything:blush:

Like I say still waiting for the catch

Helen

Don't be silly - grab it with both hands and enjoy :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

SimplyLucy
23-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Ours is £2000 but we've been told it's unlikely that childminders will get any as it will all go to pre-schools.

I'm still going to apply in the hopes that the other childminders won't bother!

Andrea08
23-10-2008, 08:21 PM
wow good news hun , i knew it would filter down to chilminders but wow thats a lot of dosh happy shopping xxx im getting a blinkin auning lol d house will look like a stick of rock pmsl

kindredspirits
23-10-2008, 09:24 PM
:clapping: i am still waiting to find out about peterboroughs - bet it all goes on some project for immigrant kids, seems to be the trend around here :rolleyes:

Angela234
23-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Lucky you,

Happy shopping when it comes

Angela

Annie_T
23-10-2008, 09:38 PM
:eek: :panic: :jump for joy:

I've been to a meeting tonight on how to apply for the grant and we've been told that there is a minimum we can apply( That's all childminders in the area), which I have now seen in black and white £2500

Helen

each or all cm's together ?

nell57
23-10-2008, 09:45 PM
each or all cm's together ?

All childminders are getting the same bite as nurseries

Helen

Straws
23-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Helen i was in shock i asked afterwards about having building work done for a playroom, downstairs toilet and sink and they said send in plans and quotes. wow if they approve it i will be one happy childminder. And dont forget we can apply for a min of 2500 per application as many times as you want if you can justify it:) :clapping:

Straws x

charleyfarley
23-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Where do I get it ??? :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Hope you get it Helen :thumbsup: :jump for joy:

Carol xx

ajs
23-10-2008, 10:43 PM
wow
i'm glad you're feeling guilty my address to send the cheque is................

Heaven Scent
23-10-2008, 10:51 PM
I wanted to get the Welsh English border moved the other day after speaking to Manjay but stuff that for a game of Soldiers now I want the Cheshire - Staffordshire border moved I'm only up the road. Oh the minders in places like Alsager will be going mad - they have a staffordshire post code but ar Govermed by Cheshire County Council. Listen all I actually want now is a sleep and have no fight left in me now.

oakie dokie
24-10-2008, 05:51 AM
derbyshire have allocated all their grants to the childrens centres, not happy as i'v been told it might only be open for 2 years. i hope i'm here longer than 2 years! :panic:

RedDragon
24-10-2008, 07:30 AM
I too received a letter telling me about it and saying I could apply. I filled mine out the same day and posted it back the same day (few months ago now).

Ours was the same amount - had to be over £2,500 - I applied for a downstairs playroom that could welcome/accommodate people who need wheelchair access, a sensory corner, a downstairs loo - plus, I also said if you have any money left I would be happy to change it from 1 floor into 2 floors so that I could accommodate overnight care by adding a bedroom upstairs. I mentioned that I had worked night shifts myself years ago and found it very difficult to get someone to care for my children.

It would make my life so much easier if I had a playroom/extra loo so am hoping it comes about.

Won't it be fantastic if we get it?:clapping:

abba1772
24-10-2008, 09:34 PM
i live on the suffolk / norfolk border and i can't get one because both councils supposidly haven't heard of the grant :panic: :angry: :angry: so we're getting nothing, can't believe they are both being so greedy was looking foeward to getting a new climbing frame

juliesfabfour
24-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Lucky you! Have fun spending. Haven't heard anything about it in this area, I might make some enquiries next week :idea: xx

yummymummy
24-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Got absolutely nothing, nada, zilch in the good old bad old days when I registered so good luck to you all and hope you get it. It would have made such a difference to me and am sure will to you too.
But then no EYFS in those days!!!!!!!!!;)

babushka
24-10-2008, 11:06 PM
I rang up the council today, didnt know anything about it neither:( , spoke to a nice lady though, she said she would look into it for me, she was quite intrigued when I told her we could use the grant to get computers etc.
She asked where i got the information from mentioned the webbsite.
I think all the childminders that are not sure if there entitled to the grant should phone up their local council and see if they can look into it, you never know untill you try.:)

hello kitty
25-10-2008, 07:22 AM
i live on the suffolk / norfolk border and i can't get one because both councils supposidly haven't heard of the grant :panic: :angry: :angry: so we're getting nothing, can't believe they are both being so greedy was looking foeward to getting a new climbing frame

I'm in Norwich and rang Norfolk CC who did (surprisingly) know something about it. However it is going to playgroups/nurseries etc. I said how unfair is that. Not only do cms have to deliver the same EYFS but other cms in the country are getting access to the grant. She did agree it was unfair but said there was a limited pot of money. (I think Norfolk's pot was only £3m :eek: )

I am seriously thinking of writing to my MP as I feel this Grant has been handled very unfairly throughout the country. :mad:

Donkey
25-10-2008, 09:22 AM
I spoke to my dw and she knew nothing about it, pointed her in the direction of the forum :rolleyes: as well as everything else that I had dug up about it
still waiting to hear from her. I know it won't be good as sheffield never allocates money to cm's directly, it all goes into training and what not.

we don't get any kind of start up grant we have to pay for our start off courses and first aid and things....

and I wonder why I am £1700 in the red with my business!

Twinkles
25-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Ok everyone in Surrey repeat after me....I'm not jealous,I'm not jealous,I'm not jealous, http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/graphicsgrotto1/emoticons/angry/emangry12.gif (http://www.graphicsgrotto.com)

chantelbutterwo
25-10-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm in Rutland and we had the forms for it but we were not told how much we could apply for. We had to fill in these forms and say what we wanted the money for and why, I think they will then allocate the moeny to people who have asked for things with "good reason", i think. We have not really been told much about it :-(

cloud9
26-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Ok everyone in Surrey repeat after me....I'm not jealous,I'm not jealous,I'm not jealous, http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/graphicsgrotto1/emoticons/angry/emangry12.gif (http://www.graphicsgrotto.com)

Im not jealous!!!

can we not got anything in surrey who would we ask??

Twinkles
26-10-2008, 05:37 PM
At a cluster meeting last week we were told that because we are such a 'rich' borough a lot of our money goes to fund poorer boroughs :panic:
Surrey have no money to support the sccma let alone give out grants.

loocyloo
26-10-2008, 06:27 PM
hi, i'm in hampshire.

only networked childminders are eligable for the capital gains grant here. although my local development bod is going to see if she can squeeze my application in, as i am about to start the network process!!!

apparently the whole pot is to be shared by all pre-schools/childminders etc

we don't have a minimum (or maximum) amount we can ask for.

x

MissTinkerbell
26-10-2008, 09:20 PM
I asked my CDW and he said that he hadn't heard about it going to cm's but would look into it. Not heard a dicky bird. however at a recent course the word was that only accredited cms were getting it in Peterborough. I want to move the Cambs/Rutland border please - its only just up the road. That way i might get something.

mum26
26-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Oooh I'm in Hampshire and accredited but we don't currently have a Network Co-ordinator so haven't been told anything about Capital Grants.

Did enquire ages ago about a grant to improve garden so children could use it more in the winter but was told there would be no money for childminders:( - hopefully that was incorrect!

Karen

Pedagog
27-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Wow thats great, lucky you. Have fun spending it.:clapping:

markimark
27-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi all
First post but here goes. All local authorities have been allocated this grant for the next 3 years, but they can stipulate as to the criteria for distribution.
http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/localauthorities/index.cfm?action=content&contentID=11323&letter=C:)

sammy
27-10-2008, 11:33 PM
surrey do get capital funding, maybe its only for network childminders along with nurserys etc, i went on a capital funding seminar just last week, and they said that network childminders will automatically be eligible to receieve funding for 3 and 4 year olds, you would get paid £3.42 per hour from the funding so the parents can have 2.5 hours a day free childcare, BUT and this is a big BUT you cant ask for a top up to meet your normal hourly charge, so for me who charges £7 ph would be pointless doing it, everyone in the seminar are totally put off the idea of offering funded places to 3 and 4 year olds. ALSO, i got a letter through the other day asking me if i wanted to apply for (which is funded) a laptop, scanner, printer, digital camera, as part of the EYFS, you need to be using ICT, and printing pics of the children etc, which i have no need for as i have that equipment already.

And thats about it...

Annabelle
29-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Does anyone know if Bristol offers one - can't imagine they do!!