PDA

View Full Version : Photographing toys

Minnie mouse
23-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Hi all. im planning on photographing my toys and displaying them in a folder but i would like to also write next to each one,the learning objectives for that particular toy. For example could some one give me an idea as to what learning objectives a child would get from a Dolls house? Thanks so much in advance :)

Andrea08
23-10-2008, 08:34 PM
do you have a lot of time on your hands?
it seems like hard work to me?

i have done something simular as in i made posters of the children in an activity eg the book corner, mark making and put a few word on the poster between the pictures like

selcts and rus resources independently,
make marks and attempt to write for different pruposes,
begin to record their mathematical ideas, draw shapes and form numerals,
select from a range of tools and techniques to suit their needs,,,,,

i then put the poster up next to the activity area, mindees love to see their pictures up on the wall and some i say some parents like to read what their child is getting out of said activity,

hope that helps but save ink and dont go mad put collevtion of toys in one picture like construction, mark making, book/quiet area

let me know how you get on coz i got loads more posters of my own to make like my small world poster to include farm, dolls house etc
x

wendywu
23-10-2008, 08:36 PM
i was going to say you have too much free time. But Twinkles told me not to be so rude:laughing:

PixiePetal
23-10-2008, 08:42 PM
I am photographing mine too ! :blush:

Because lots are stored in the loft room and get rotated with the ones downstairs, I forget what I have. :laughing:

I am putting the pics in an album for the children to look through and choose what they would like to have down next.

Andrea08
23-10-2008, 08:45 PM

Because lots are stored in the loft room and get rotated with the ones downstairs, I forget what I have. :laughing:

I am putting the pics in an album for the children to look through and choose what they would like to have down next.

this idea is also used to help with CLL esp for children with difficulties (fan cards i think ) we use them at nursery with some of the SEN children

fiona
25-10-2008, 07:40 PM
hello... i done this too, it helped me rotate the toys and show the parents what i have for the children, i also made my photo's into magnets to put on a board as a activity plan (this was all pre reg). i now just keep on top of things when we purchase something new i take the photo then we all play and i print it out and make the magent when i have time!!

ChocolateChip
27-10-2008, 02:26 PM
I have been thinking about how to do this aswell, as I also have bits up in the attic, and for when they get older, etc. TBH was struggling with how to catalogue it all, but I like the idea of fan cards.
Might do it like that and have different sets for different ages, so they can choose an age appropriate activity.
Thanks for that Andrea! :thumbsup:

Cammie Doodle
28-10-2008, 01:46 PM
This is on mine and Carolyn's job list, as we have a huge storage shed that is unsuitable for the children to enter (risk assessment lol) to self select. We thought a catalogue would be a Brill idea for the children to select from .We have sooooooooooooooo much stuff it is ridiculous . Hopefully this will be a better way of rotating resources.
We dont have too much time on our hands which explains why its still on our job list and not yet in place ;)

tas
28-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi I have a photo album of toys/resources too

I use it to show parents what is available and the children including the little ones love to look through to show me what they would like to play with, its a great way for them to make their own choices, although I havn't linked the toys to learning objectives maybe add that to my "to do" list ;)

madasahatter
28-10-2008, 04:14 PM
I like the idea of having an album of toys (won't go so far as to describe the learning associated with each though as I have too many). When ofsted come for my inspections I always tell them what else I've got stored in the loft etc which there is no way they would be allowed to check (H & S climbing loft ladders etc). It would give some sort of proof as well as reminding me of all the toys I've forgotten about! The loft needs clearing....so another job to add to the list:eek:

Sarahbelle
28-10-2008, 05:03 PM

I'm doing the same. I rotate my toys too and thought it would help when the Ofsted inspector comes calling as they can look in the album to see what I have rather than have to get everything out like I had to last time!

Minnie mouse
28-10-2008, 07:12 PM
If anybody has already started putting the learning objectives to each toy i would be so grateful if you would let me take a peek please. :)

DCS
28-10-2008, 07:25 PM
hiya ladies,

Every time I buy a toy, I copy all info from the toy box. This than makes up the learning objective.

Sorry, but i don't have it on my computer

Cecile
x

beerheaven
28-10-2008, 08:44 PM
I have a photo album with pictures of toys, generally ones that are bulky, that are stored upstairs. I did at one time think about writting the learning about each one but a lot of toys will have differnt learning objectives for varying ages. Way too complicated for me!!