PDA

View Full Version : Help for new minder with Variance Request

flis21
23-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi All,

I have seen from a couple of threads on this that there is a possibility to apply for a variance to your age catergories. I have been daily nannying for a little girl, who is the same age as my son. They are both 9 1/2 months. I am now a registered childminder and have started advertising etc. I have spoken to the girls Mum and she wants me to continue looking after her, but obviously I am not allowed to have 2 under 1's at the same time at home. However after the beginning of Jan when my little boy turns 1 this won't be a problem. I really want to keep looking after her, as I have a good bond with her and her and my little boy are close and play together really nicely.

Can you tell me who I am supposed to write to and what I am supposed to put in the letter. Is there anything that could increase my chances of having this granted? I have a double buggy and a travel cot for her to sleep in. Am also getting a second high chair.

If anyone could email me a copy of a variance letter that would help a lot.

Also could you advise what position is on keeping doing my daily nannying work now that I am registered as a childminder. I have told the Mum that until I get any other children to mind I will keep looking after her little girl as a nannying job.

Many Thanks,
Flis

sarah707
23-10-2008, 05:19 PM
For the variation you will need to contact Ofsted and they will tell you to write to them...

08456 404040

For the nannying, it is up to you what you want to do with your time. You will need to keep 2 sets of books - one with tax paid for the nanny job and one to go through as self employed.

Hth :D

mandy moo
24-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi Flis21
I sent a letter yesterday after talking to Ofsted re a variation.
heres the address they gave me
Attn of Inspection Support Team
Building C
Cumberland Place
Notts, HG1 6HJ
The young man I spoke to said they could not do the variation over the phone you have to write in, puting as much detail as possible into your letter, and it could take a while!! If poss get a letter from parents to support the application as well
hope this helps
Mandy

gemhei
24-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Its the continuity (sp) of care so i would of thought they would pass it. You do need to write to them. Id Just put in the letter basically what you have told us and how you would manage 2 babies, youll need to write about how you would care for them, safety measures and transportation etc. But do stress your little one is almost 1 and that may go in your favor. Good luck.

Chatterbox Childcare
24-10-2008, 09:43 AM
I cannot see any reason why Ofsted would not give you this

I would send an email to them explaining your situation and with Continuity of Care as the reason I am sure you will get it. Don't forget to follow it up with a letter sent recorded mail.