PDA

View Full Version : It really annoys me when

acorns
23-10-2008, 01:25 PM
....Parents enquire and then never come back to me, even to say no - I think it's so rude. I dont think they realise that I've worked out how I going to fit their child in and given it a lot of thought and then i'm left not knowing either way agrhhhhhhhhhh.:mad:

melanieabigail2004
23-10-2008, 01:43 PM
I completely agree - I've had two in the last month. More annoying is that they are the ONLY enquiries I have had and they got my hopes up.

It is very rude.

Mel

sarah707
23-10-2008, 01:46 PM
It's the ones that visit 6 or more minders in the area and give us all the impression we might get the work.

Then they go off to the local nursery...

With 6 welcome handbooks etc...

That's why I don't give out any other paperwork any more until they are signed up :(

Gherkin
23-10-2008, 02:07 PM
I've had this and it drives me potty but then even worse is the onese who have settling sessions fill in the contracts, child record forms etc and then still decide not to come.

This has happened twice in the last 5 weeks to me and both families had two children so double the paperwork wasted. It was really upsetting and now it is getting worrying as i have 1 set of full time hours to fill plus 1 set of 3 days to fill and money is getting tight.

So depressed about it all.

kiddiwinks
23-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I've had this and it drives me potty but then even worse is the onese who have settling sessions fill in the contracts, child record forms etc and then still decide not to come.

This has happened twice in the last 5 weeks to me and both families had two children so double the paperwork wasted. It was really upsetting and now it is getting worrying as i have 1 set of full time hours to fill plus 1 set of 3 days to fill and money is getting tight.

So depressed about it all.

I have had 3 in 4 weeks book to come and see me i get paperwork etc ready and change the childrens routine for day so i can see them, and they cant even be bothered to turn up or ring.

angeldelight
23-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Yeah it drives me mad also

Angel xx

Shirlwith3
23-10-2008, 04:34 PM
I have had loads lately like that, I ahd a lady come to see me wanting 2 days I said I could one day & that I could do the other day after christmas, mum was fine with that said she would get back to me that was 2-3 weeks ago.

Shirl

acorns
23-10-2008, 08:56 PM
forgot to add that I'd also already spent the money i'd earn (in my head!!!)

Nicki L
26-10-2008, 03:24 PM
It's the ones that visit 6 or more minders in the area and give us all the impression we might get the work.

Then they go off to the local nursery...

With 6 welcome handbooks etc...

That's why I don't give out any other paperwork any more until they are signed up :(

I have stopped giving out the information books about me to everybody that comes as its a lot of waste!!!!

Rubybubbles
26-10-2008, 03:29 PM
forgot to add that I'd also already spent the money i'd earn (in my head!!!)

always the way!! I do that too

acorns
26-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Re the info pack's I think I'll try e mailing them instead in future as it'll cost nothing (assuming they have email!)

Bushpig
27-10-2008, 07:29 AM
When I get enquiries I send them to my website (used to email them info pack). And I fill in the contracts with them... no paperwork goes home till they have signed with me. Policies file goes home with them once they have signed with me.

Unfortunately, this is what people do in business. They only think of themselves and curtesy is often left out of the equation.

When I had my own design company for 5 years it was the same - people saying they wanted you to print XYZ for them for their wedding, so you reschedule your workload and printing presses, rearrange staff to make their particular type of handmade paper... and the order doesn't come in... they obviously found someone cheaper at the last minute or something. It's just the way it is :(

So I would do NOTHING till I had a fat deposit in my hand, money talks... that's how I saw they were serious about using me.