PDA

View Full Version : dolls??

Hebs
23-10-2008, 12:00 PM
what dolls do you provide for your mindees??

IE barbie etc etc??

Twinkles
23-10-2008, 12:09 PM
We have a box full of barbie's , one for action men , a large box of baby dolls, dolls for the dolls house , small world figures ..........oh and a persona doll that I've had to hide as mindees are terrified of it :rolleyes:

Hebs
23-10-2008, 12:19 PM
thanks

i wasn't sure if ofsted would frown at having barbie dolls

Twinkles
23-10-2008, 12:25 PM
I see what you mean what with them not being pc and all. I've never been told I shouldn't have them or action man.

ChocolateChip
23-10-2008, 12:44 PM
I think as long as you have other things aswell and it's age appropriate what's the problem? My dd is 6 and the girls I mind from her class all love playing with them, she has got different ones who are vets or doctors etc so it's not all about lipstick and high heels!

Hebs
23-10-2008, 01:23 PM
:clapping:

Thats ok then, just thought i'd check :thumbsup:

sarah707
23-10-2008, 01:51 PM
I don't have Barbie dolls...

I have a range of TK beanie dolls from around the world in different costumes and some other dolls, all different colours and styles, including Dora.

I also have some little peg dolls for the older children I found at a car boot sale.

M's favourite at the moment has purple hair and glasses :D

Hebs
23-10-2008, 03:40 PM
my daughter never had Barbies as i didn't think they were good role models, she always liked her baby dolls.

think i'll stick with them :thumbsup:

tulip0803
23-10-2008, 05:03 PM
I was given Barbie dolls but only the older ones played with them. We have baby dolls and some soft dress up dolls from Woolies and multicultural rag dolls and ethnic baby born and some small world figures and dolls :) I prefer Barbie to Bratz though!

miffy
23-10-2008, 05:10 PM
I can't see anything wrong with Barbie - I've even got a couple of multicultural ones I picked up in charity shops. It's the accessories you have to watch there are so many tiny bits!

Mindees do like playing with the baby dolls more though

Miffy xx

madasahatter
23-10-2008, 05:13 PM
I've got several baby dolls (white and black) and numerous cloth dolls including several ethnic ones in traditional costumes. They all go through phases of being favourite of one or more child. I also have a box full of barbies (and 1 Ken) which have been in the loft for 3 years now (I don't like them myself, but think the bratz ones are even worse). I've never had any action men, which is probably because my son didn't like them. I remember one Christmas (he was 5) and he went to the golf club children's party. He was absolutely mortified when Santa gave him an action man, cried and cried saying Santa should know what he likes cos he'd sent him a letter (wish I could remember how we dealt with that crisis).

Pudding Girl
23-10-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't think I'd provide Barbies to be honest, I don't like them and how they portray women, same for Bratz dolls. Action Men I would have, just missed out on a job lot of them on Ebay grr!

I have black baby born boy doll, white baby doll that cries, soft first raggydoll type baby doll, ELC Happypeople of all shapes sizes and colours, small Shelley type dolls from Tesco in black and white, things like iggle piggle figures etc and a set of small dolls again from ELC that's an ethnic family with granny and grampy too.

Dragonfly
23-10-2008, 06:16 PM
I have a big box of barbies which they like playing with, but I think they are awful, but that is because i was never into dolls really and Im still not!!

you can have what ever you want.small ones large ones boys, girls, baby Annabel.multicultural whatever they like playing with.

As for persona dolls they frighten me also!!!!!!:panic:

flora
23-10-2008, 06:54 PM
We have all sorts here,

Can't say I have ever given a moments though to whether a barbie is a bad role model :blush:

Round here she drives around with tinky winky in her beach car thingy and regularly has no clothes so must be a naturalist.

To be honest I don't think my lot think about the boobs, bums and blond hair. My 20yr old sindy is blond and has a nice figure and I didn't even register that as a child.

Don't like bratz dolls think they are far worse than barbie or sindy.

gemhei
23-10-2008, 06:58 PM
We have a real life ethnic doll (whos trousers have gone missing so shes a bit cold at the moment) and a few baby born dolls. I dont have barbie as all my mindees are under 3 at the moment and they dont appeal to DS lol. We have a down syndrome beanie doll with glasses and a boy doll with an hearing aid. DS has a few action men we keep down stairs which all of them enjoy playing with, esp one with barking dog which is driving me insane!

Hebs
23-10-2008, 09:39 PM
i've just bought an ethnic doll on ebay for £3 :thumbsup:

so it's a start :laughing:

angeldelight
24-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Barbie dolls ? ............... kids love them - they love brushing their hair and dressing them up - they are just right for tiny hands

Kids dont see them in the same light as some adults

They are just a toy to be enjoyed like most things

Angel xx