PDA

View Full Version : Do I get son ready before mindees turn up?

barbarella68
23-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Hello,
My friend who went on Icp course was told that if you mind,your own child must be up and ready for when the mindees arrive,but I told her that if it is a holiday(half term)if my son wants to stay in bed I let him.
Mindees turn up at 7.30 in half term,obviously if it is school he is ready.
I see it as I am the Childminder not my son and it is his holiday.
Am I right or not?
My son is 6 in January.

sarah707
23-10-2008, 10:17 AM
If a minded child arrives and you leave him downstairs on his own while you are getting your own child dressed upstairs, then you are failling in your care of the minded child.

But since none of us would do that, then I don't see it as an issue.

When I was having my inspection, both my teenagers were in bed as it was the holidays. The inspector checked their rooms and laughed at the mess on my dd's floor...she said it was just like her daughter's pit! :laughing:

barbarella68
23-10-2008, 10:19 AM
My son dresses himself Sarah so I don't have that problem!:)

crazybones
23-10-2008, 10:20 AM
None of mine are ever dressed and ready to go by 7.15 when first one arrives. The 2 eldest sort themselves out - after a fashion :rolleyes: But while mindee is sitting in highchair having breakfast I dress 2 year old at the back of the couch. In school holidays the eldest are often in bed when mindees arrive.

barbarella68
23-10-2008, 10:21 AM
oh and I forgot, the other children are 7 not littlies.

childmind04
23-10-2008, 10:26 AM
My first one comes at 7am and my own 3 are not usually up and certainly not on holidays, i also used to get ds ready in another room but still in hearing of the other children but now he gets dressed on his own and has done bless him since he was about 3, he used to like to keep out of they was from one of my mindees :laughing:

gemhei
23-10-2008, 11:03 AM
My sons never ready before 8.15 but hes 6 and is quite able to go upstairs and dress himself, DD however is always ready before any children come in the mornings as i dont have time to dress her when mindees turn up. I havnt had a school holiday while minding yet but i doubt my son wont be up till around 8.30 but again ill tell him to get dressed before he comes down.

tinkerbelle
23-10-2008, 11:08 AM
i start at 6.30 am so my kids are very rarely up i would not get them up either especially in holidays but my kids are 10,9 and 6n half so are self sufficient in dressing etc

Mollymop
23-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Sounds ridiculous I'm afraid!!! I have never heard that before. If my children want to stay in bed then that is up to me/them, it does not affect the care of my other children at all. I can't see the reasoning behind it

Mollymop
23-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Even if they couldn't dress themselves, so what? As long as we dress them down the stairs where the other children are and not upstairs out of the way.
I have to help my 4 year dd get dressed in the mornings and that is often happening while one of my mindees is there.

wendywu
23-10-2008, 11:12 AM
This is a new one on me. Im sure they keep making up new rules just to keep themselves in jobs. :panic:

emmadines
23-10-2008, 11:30 AM
i have to get up at 6.30 am for my 1st to start at 7am.

im not waking my kids up before 7am, their horrid in the afternoon if they get up too early.

(my mindees are before and afterschool, so their old enought to be left for 5 mins, plus my 6 year old is old enough to sort himself out.)

SimplyLucy
23-10-2008, 11:32 AM
That would be madness. My mindees turn up at 6.30am in pyjamas so there is no way I'd drag my 4 out of bed before that. Plus if mine were all up I'd have to send them back upstairs so the mindees can all get ready.

Some days I'm barely up before the mindees get here! :ROFL1:

LOOPYLISA
23-10-2008, 11:41 AM
How ridiculous, if my dd wants to stay in bed i will let her, wat would you do if your child was poorly (if that bad you wouldnt have mindees for the day) but they may need to be in bed?

kiddiwinks
23-10-2008, 11:41 AM
i start at 6.30 am so my kids are very rarely up i would not get them up either especially in holidays but my kids are 10,9 and 6n half so are self sufficient in dressing etc

Mine are 10,8,6 my 2 older ones are up usually when mindees turn up 7.30 but are usually eating breakfast.
My son is not an early morning person somtimes it can take from 7.15-8.00 to get up then he has breakfast while mindees here also.
My children have always had this routine and i would not change it as its my work not there's

ChocolateChip
23-10-2008, 11:54 AM
My 6 and 8 yr old get themselves ready, and if my 2yr old isn't up early I just dress her downstairs if mindees are here.
As long as you can still properly supervise the mindees according to their age/requirements what does it matter?
I wouldn't get mine up in the holidays for the sake of the mindees, only if we were going to go out for the day or something.

Raggydolls
23-10-2008, 12:07 PM
my son (10) is always up b4 me!! he gets up at like 6.30 or earlier sometimes so he is always up and breakfasted b4 mindees get here, he usually has another brekkie while mindees have one!

leanne
xx