PDA

View Full Version : Letters and Phonics Course

wellybelly
18-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Hellooo all,

I went on a fantastic course last night - Principles and Practice of High Quality Phonics - Letters and Sounds.

Quite an intence course but fantastic for mindies who are a bit stuck on what to offer for the CLL part of EYFS Learning and development. I got loads of ideas and inspiration, and to be honast its not going to take much to implement into my new childminding setting.

Im new to all this, only been registered since november, so hav'nt really got a clue. But this just clicked, can';t wait to use it and put into practice. You get a huge book (made by same people who made bnew EYFS) and gives you loads of examples which cover the whole of CLL and other areas.

OOhh got a poster too and leaflet ideas of how and what to share with parents.

Hope my recommendation helps....

angeldelight
18-01-2008, 11:10 AM
That sounds very interesting Katie thanks for sharing

Most minders who go on these courses complain that they are a waste of time and they do not learn anything

Nice to hear that you enjoyed yours

Angel xx

sarah707
18-01-2008, 11:17 AM
I wait and live in hope of a good course!

Having said that... Alison Johns was fantastic for disability awareness and the last First Aid I went on was in a beautiful location with the best lunch I've ever eaten on a course... :p

Thanks for sharing - is the book available on request from dfes or anywhere? I'd like to get hold of it if there's a reference or anything... thanks! :D

Rubybubbles
18-01-2008, 11:21 AM
that sounds like agreat course, I too would be interested if we could get hold of a book too!!

wellybelly
20-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Yes the book is available free from DFES code ref 00281-2007flr-en

angeldelight
20-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Thankyou

Angel xx

sarah707
20-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks Katie! I'll order that tomorrow :D

Angela234
20-01-2008, 08:54 PM