PDA

View Full Version : So frustrating!

lucytownsend
22-10-2008, 04:29 PM
I had an enquiry to look after a little 1 year old boy and everything was set up for the trial etc, then he got ill with an ear infection and they never came for the trial.

They were supposed to ring me to re-arrange but didnt, so left it a few days, called them and now dad was ill, so couldnt arrange anything. They promised to call and arrange a time soon.

Waited...and waited... called again to shake them up and now it turns out they have gone with someone else because they needed immediate childcare!!!

They didnt even have the courtesy to call and tell me - or even call to find out if I could take him straight away - which I could have

So cross and now doubting myself as to whether they thought I would be good enough for their little boy.

:panic: :(

jellytot
22-10-2008, 04:35 PM
i wouldn doubt yourself, you will soon discover you can get some very inconsiderate parents in this job, hopefully your next one will be better and someone you will want to take on more. just think how they could of been if this is how they work, you may be better off without them.

good luck with future mindees

Twinkles
22-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Sounds like they had already decided on someone else and just kept putting off telling you.
Some people are so self centered it wouldn't occur to them you may have turned away other work.