PDA

View Full Version : Help me spend some money please

mummyroysof3
22-10-2008, 02:59 PM
hi, im just deciding what to buy with my start up grant, i would like to get a double buggy ive seen but welcome some ideas for the rest

charlotte x

Monkey1
22-10-2008, 03:10 PM
You can send it to me and i can spend it for you if you like!;) I would use it for the big things you need, you can collect the smaller things along the way. Pushchair is a good idea!

Chatterbox Childcare
22-10-2008, 03:12 PM
If you have just started look at the ages you want to look after:

Car Seats, Highchairs, Buggy these all cost a lot

Toys and crafts - these add up too.

First Aid Training and Insurance Pack should come out of this too.

Enjoy spending!

claires
22-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Ooh Debbie you are so sensible! I would have gone to Primark first!!!!;)

Raggydolls
22-10-2008, 04:06 PM
to be honest dont go buying a buggy or highchair etc if u dont know what ages u will take on, i did know what ages i had so i went looking for things with my age range in mind as i had the kids lined up already, no point in buying something u might not use for a year

leanne
xx

sarah707
22-10-2008, 06:22 PM
to be honest dont go buying a buggy or highchair etc if u dont know what ages u will take on, i did know what ages i had so i went looking for things with my age range in mind as i had the kids lined up already, no point in buying something u might not use for a year

leanne
xx

Very good point!

I'd spend it on things I know Ofsted will be looking for like disability and multicultural resources ... and lots of printer ink and paper :D

cloud9
22-10-2008, 06:42 PM
I also wouldnt get car seats until you know what ages the children you end up with are.

However i personally dont provide car seats i advise the parents (and i put it in pg 3 of the NCMA CONTRACTS) that it is the parents responsiblility to provide an adequate car seat that can be permanantly fitted in my car.

I have never had a complaint doing this

mummyroysof3
23-10-2008, 02:55 PM
hi, thank you for all your replies we get £300 out of which our NCMA start up pack and 1st years insurance is paid for which leaves me £160 for equipment toys etc

what multi cultural toys can you recomend?

charlotte x

Hebs
23-10-2008, 03:38 PM
how do you claim this start up grant?

the woman doing our course has said we will only get £150 and it MUST be used for safety items (stair gates, fire guards, car seats) so toys are having to come out of my own pocket and i'm only working part time and have 2 kids of my own so it's a struggle

flis21
23-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Count yourself lucky, Out of ours we had to pay £100 for the ICP and the £140 for the NCMA membership & Insurance, so I got a whole £61.50!! Am trying not to spend it all at once.

The multicultural / disibility resources are a good idea, as they are quite expensive and Ofsted will look for that when they assess you.

Fxx

katickles
23-10-2008, 03:55 PM
We got UPTO £200 - this was our NCMA tool kit or MM, our first aid & £20 contribution towards medical form from doctors - thats it, nothing to spend on equipment :(

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/22/2258/225831.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

Angela234
23-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Maybe a puzzle look on ebay i got some lovely wooded tray ones,

Books; Handa's surprise always a good one . All kinds of ....... books (cheap in M&S)

Dressing up.

Multicultural doll / small world dolls / playmobil

Just start with a few bits then add as you go.

Topsy and Tim books are good for experiances and My new Friend has a child who uses a wheelchair

Enjoy spending

Angela

manjay
23-10-2008, 05:39 PM
We had £300 to spend on safety equipment and multicultural items. I had most safety equipment as ds was 1 at the time so I spent a fair amount on Welsh resources as they are a must in my setting. still didn't go very far as my double buggy was over £300 in itself:laughing: I would give priority to essential items for registration like safety equip. The rest can be added to as you go.