PDA

View Full Version : Constructions Toys

singlewiththree
22-10-2008, 01:32 PM
I just wondered what construction toys you can recommend. My girls dont tend to like them so I have some lego (which was mine!) and that is about it. I'm going to keep an eye out at summer fairs/attic sales so any suggestions appreciated.

Paula

Andrea08
22-10-2008, 01:43 PM
shoe boxes (free if you can)
good idea to ask your coordinators to borrow from resorces while you look around ok x

ChocolateChip
22-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi Paula,
not sure which age group you are asking about but for little ones I have mega blocks and sticklebricks, and I have some normal small lego and magnetix for the older ones but you have to make sure they don't leave it lying around, like mine tend to do!
I would also love to have popoids and am trying to get some chunky meccano for the younger ones but it's not cheap.
Junk modelling would also count which is a cheap option, and I would imagine things like the 3d aqua beads and noodles that you stick with water would aswell.
Hth! :)

Angela234
22-10-2008, 02:29 PM
I have duplo; gets used a lot (got a large box from ebay inc cars/lorries/people}

Lego;

Stickle bricks; i could do with more as i don't have wheels which they love at toddlers

ELC Wooden bricks; gets played with the most with the under 5's

Also have a large box of different size carboard boxes.

K'NEX; Magnetix, got for over 5's,

Angela

tinkerbelle
22-10-2008, 03:52 PM
ive got lego, knex, stuxx (new one), stickle bricks mega blocks (big and small)
got some like waffle blocks but smaller also got waffle blocks for garden kids love building dens with these
also got kids knex for younger ones as they wanted to play with knex

Raggydolls
22-10-2008, 04:10 PM
we have wooden building blocks, duplo, lego and i am about to get knex for the older ones, im finding it more difficult to get things for the bigger ones really

2b honest the best buys i have found are my big wooden dolls house from toys r us, and my wooden train track they both get played with everyday, the rest of the stuff they arent bothered about

leanne
xx

PixiePetal
22-10-2008, 08:56 PM
I have meccano - the plastic stuff. Octons. Ordered Gears from sbs so hope they arrive soon! And most of the other things people have mentioned.

:)

Helpinghands
22-10-2008, 09:19 PM
I love the large sized Magnetix!

Denise r
23-10-2008, 11:39 AM
I just wondered what construction toys you can recommend. My girls dont tend to like them so I have some lego (which was mine!) and that is about it. I'm going to keep an eye out at summer fairs/attic sales so any suggestions appreciated.

Paula

Hi Paula

I look after 2 x 2.5 year olds plus my daughter 1.5 yr old and they all love the Georello Gear sets, I got the jungle set second hand and the little boy particularly likes it. I am looking at getting some different sets and would also like popoids. I also have mega blocks, wooden building blocks that make noises which are great. With regard to the junk theme I keep the boxes from pet food & kitchen roll holders and cut different shapes out of the sides and the kids use them as binoculars and allsorts.

Hope this helps

Denise