PDA

View Full Version : sleeping arrangements

polobear1970
22-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Does anyone out there have any ideas about where to sleep a 2 2/1 year old.

I have a large travel cot, but he is too big for it (he couldn't lay flat ) although he sleeps with his legs bent.

I know Ofsted are ok with them sleeping on the floor with a thin mat, but have to say i'm not happy about this, I would prefer to sleep him on the sofa, but from a health a safety point not sure Ostead would be happy with this.

An ideas of what I can do.

Lisa

Pedagog
22-10-2008, 12:30 PM
How about a fold away camp bed.

son77
22-10-2008, 12:31 PM
I think sleeping on the sofa would be ok as long as you cover with a sheet or blanket first (to avoid cross infection!) and put some cushions on the floor just incase they do roll off!

My cm friend had her inspection with lo (age 1 yr) asleep on sofa and she never found it a problem.

son77
22-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Or you could invest in a blow up kiddies air bed?

PixiePetal
22-10-2008, 12:36 PM
I always use sofa. :)

Andrea08
22-10-2008, 12:38 PM
its all money money££££
use the sofa what... would you do for your own child during the day nap?
dont spend loads of money on different beds ok
x

polobear1970
22-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Thank you all for your replies, I was more worried about ofsted as i have my inspection in a few weeks time and don't want to be marked down as lo will be asleep when they come

lisa

polobear1970
22-10-2008, 12:40 PM
its all money money££££
use the sofa what... would you do for your own child during the day nap?
dont spend loads of money on different beds ok
x

This is the problem at the moment the funds are not there to keep purchasing new stuff

lisa

Andrea08
22-10-2008, 12:44 PM
I KNOw .... :idea: just do a simple risk assessment and say it is better for child Y AS HE TOO BIG FOR COT and child Z will use etc explain about different bedding and safety coushions etc as we say BOBS YA UNCLE done
ofsted will love that

good luck in your inspection let us know how u got on ok xxxx

polobear1970
22-10-2008, 12:46 PM
I KNOw .... :idea: just do a simple risk assessment and say it is better for child Y AS HE TOO BIG FOR COT and child Z will use etc explain about different bedding and safety coushions etc as we say BOBS YA UNCLE done
ofsted will love that

good luck in your inspection let us know how u got on ok xxxx

Thanks for that, at the moment i only have one lo so bedding / covers are fine, i hadn't thought about doing a risk assessment for it :blush:

busylizzie
22-10-2008, 08:51 PM
I know they change inspecter to inspecter but mine was absolutely fine with the sofa. Just make sure you have permission from the parents from whichever option you choose.

When mine came I had one family who wanted LO to sleep on sofa ,one in a buggy and one in a travel cot :panic: .I had permissions for all of them and the ofsted inspecter saaid it was fine as I had discussed it all with families.

Good luck!!!!

mrsb
22-10-2008, 08:55 PM
sorry, I wouldn't let them sleep on the sofa unless I was sitting with them all the time:blush:

What do the parents say though? If they are happy with it then like the others said just make sure there is a soft landing if they fall off, also get written confirmation fo the parents to say they are happy with it :)

juliesfabfour
22-10-2008, 11:00 PM
I use travel cots for children up to 2, or older depending on their size.

I use a bed with a bed guard or sofa for older/bigger children, I use a fleecy sleeping bag when using the bed or sofa and each child has their own. I am in the room when they sleep on the sofa but if I leave the room for a minute to make a sandwhich/cup coffee I put cushions along the base of the sofa just in case they roll, but to be honest it's only for a few minutes at the most and only with children over 2. :)

michellethegooner
23-10-2008, 12:25 PM
I have a 16mth old who will only sleep on the sofa screams if put in bed or travel cot, I got mum to sign saying she was happy with this and she said he does same at home, if I have to leave room for a min place lots of cushions on floor, but I have had other kids in the past when I had a inspection and ofsted where fine as I had consulted parents and taken risks into consideration.

Chatterbox Childcare
23-10-2008, 01:52 PM
I use travel cots until they can climb out. My 2.5 year old sleeps on my bed.

tas
23-10-2008, 02:06 PM
I use the sofa for short naps for children over 2 although for hygiene reasons they still sleep on a fresh sheet

Babies and toddlers sleep in the travel cot unless they can climb out!