PDA

View Full Version : Planning and inspections

allinatiz
17-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Hi all.

Although I haven't had a phone call yet about being inspected I'm already very nervous about what they expect me to have. I think my policies are ok and I have drawings and photo's of my full time mindee in her folder.

At the min I mind 1 child full time, she's 17 months old and 3 boys after school who's hours vary from month to month (I may only have them 2 days a month depending on their parents shifts). If they came to inspect me would they expect to see a daily/weekly/monthly plan? As my full time mindee is so young the majority of our time is not planned, I may think I'll get the crayons out at such a time but more often than not we'll be doing something else.

Would it be worth writing out a simple weekly plan (with stuff like play time, lunch time, sleep time etc) just to show Ofsted that I do have a clue as to what I am doing? ;)

Hoping this isn't a daft question, thank you :)

sarah707
18-01-2008, 07:48 AM
I have a daily routine on my parents notice board - we might not follow it every day, it depends on moods and what else is going on -

am activities eg going to park, feeding ducks etc

lunch time

pm activities - rest time, songs and dance, craft, messy play, snack etc...

It's loosely based around the structure of each day and parents and Ofsted like it...

Hope that helps :D

angeldelight
18-01-2008, 08:18 AM
If you look around the forum you will find some good information about what others do for planning etc

There are also some great craft / cooking activitys here for ideas for planning your day / week

Angel xx