PDA

View Full Version : The Big O!

brit_chick
17-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Hiya everyone.I am new to this forum & i am a childminder & i just wanted to ask a few questions! I am due my 2nd ofsted inspection very soon & i am worried as i have been tould that ofsted arnt very nice when they come to see you & the people who i was talking to kept saying the big O! :crying: Do i have to have a risk assessment in place even tho that dont come in till sept 08?? Hope anyone can help.Thank You

Tily Bud
17-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Ive had 2 inspections and each time the inspectors were lovely.

I do have risk assessments but the inspector hardly looked at them !

angeldelight
17-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Come and say hello in the hello section of the forum so everyone knows who you are you

Regarding your question most Ofted inspectors are nice

You are already aware of what you have to do if you have already done one before ? It is more or less the same

If you look at the Bromley website to see if you have all your policies up to date and look in this section of the forum you will find heaps of information if you can not find what you need - which I am sure you will - then give us a shout and someone will help

Angel xx

Monkey1
18-01-2008, 06:53 AM
Hello!
You will need a risk assesment ...that will impress them if you have it in place before you start. It's the EYFS that comes in September 2008.
Good luck!
Monkey

sarah707
18-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Hello and welcome - Angel is right - Bromley is a great site for policies and lots of ideas for good practice...

www.bromleycma.org.uk

Talk soon x :D

Banana
18-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Ofsted inspectors are generally nice! Now and again you hear about an inspector who thinks they are God but not often.

My inspector was lovely!

Dont worry!

x

Angela234
18-01-2008, 09:01 PM
I also had 2 lovely inspectors
Welcome to the forum

Angela

miffy
18-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Welcome to the forum

Don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine

Miffy xx

brit_chick
18-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Hi everyone.Thx for all your replys.Any more info on this would be great. Have a good weekend :)

Rubybubbles
21-01-2008, 06:25 PM
I have a laminted risk assessment (for the house of course, not trips ect) on the room it referrences to, enough for a weekly tick down, then any thing I notice as a risk I write it into my 'risk assesment book'

Sarah Nev I believe is selling a risk assessment thingy through her website, which I'm currently waiting to get so I can do it better