PDA

View Full Version : Business Plan

Pedagog
21-10-2008, 08:57 AM
I suddenly realised last week that despite having written lots of policies, I haven't got a business plan.

So my question is how many of you had business plans when you started childminding?

gemhei
21-10-2008, 09:18 AM
I didnt have one officially. When i did my pre reg business training with local auth we had to compleate a sheet which basically asked how many children we were thinking of having and how much we were going to charge etc. Then we filled out how much tax we could get back etc.

When it came to getting my funding i just handed that in and they said this was fine, no need for a full business plan. If i was to seek funding elsewhere (eg a charity or a loan) im sure id have to have a full one though.

Annie_T
21-10-2008, 02:43 PM
nope cant say i have lol .. its in my head i guess haha

ChocolateChip
22-10-2008, 04:37 PM
I never had a proper one.
When I went to open my business bank account I had drawn up a rough set of figures depending on the people who had shown interest,and what my potential earnings could be when full, but they didn't want to know.
So unless you have a specific grant in mind which needs one I wouldn't bother.

Malark
22-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Nope i never had one either. I think it was only needed if you are looking for funding.

DCS
22-10-2008, 10:09 PM
I have a biz plan. I did several as I have various i biz ideas and after going thru them all, Childcare was the most viable. I have a 5year plan and often refer back to it and use it as a benchmark, along with a cashflow analysis.

Cecile
x

PaulaR
17-11-2009, 04:59 PM
can I ask, how detailed the business plan should be