PDA

View Full Version : Update

Schnakes
20-10-2008, 08:35 PM
I just realised that I havent updated you on my last two situations, so here we go!

For the mum who wanted half the year off on holiday, we have agreed that she pays me a set fee each month rather than a weekly calculated fee, so that I get the same amount of money whether her daughter is with me or not. Im really pleased with this outcome. Thanks for all your advice on this subject.

With the nasty piece of works who didnt pay me, she still hasnt paid (quelle suprise!) and Im kind of feeling like letting it go because for the amount of money it is its not worth the stress. I have, however been kindly dropping into conversation with every other local childminder that shes a rip off merchant so shes going to find it very difficult to find childcare in the future. Nobody is going to want to work for free, after all. I dont see it as revenge...I see it as doing the other childminders a favor. ;)

Sx

sarah707
20-10-2008, 08:37 PM
I have, however been kindly dropping into conversation with every other local childminder that shes a rip off merchant so shes going to find it very difficult to find childcare in the future. Nobody is going to want to work for free, after all. I dont see it as revenge...I see it as doing the other childminders a favor. ;)

Sx

I totally agree! There was an article in Nursery World saying nurseries are warning each other about bad / non payers... why shouldn't we do that as well? So long as nothing confidential is being passed on we should protect each other.

Sounds like you are organised as well with the other one which is great! :D

miffy
20-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Good outcome for the first but sorry you've still not been paid by the second.

Sometimes you just have to let things go. Think you were right to warn others though

Miffy xx

Rubybubbles
20-10-2008, 08:46 PM
glad the first one worked out hun

second one - as long as kept very confidental! I am not saying this is the right thing to do though;) just be careful

tinkerbelle
21-10-2008, 06:25 AM
please be very careful with the 2nd one the mum could repotrt you or worse
i asked ofsted about doing this when i wasnt paid they told me i could loose my registration if i did because its a breach of confidentialtie i asked why then was she allowed to slander myself due to chasing payments was told they couldnt do anything and parents was allowed to do this as she had used my service etc we do it slyly were i live all childminders are informed one way or another

angeldelight
21-10-2008, 06:34 AM
please be very careful with the 2nd one the mum could repotrt you or worse
i asked ofsted about doing this when i wasnt paid they told me i could loose my registration if i did because its a breach of confidentialtie i asked why then was she allowed to slander myself due to chasing payments was told they couldnt do anything and parents was allowed to do this as she had used my service etc we do it slyly were i live all childminders are informed one way or another

Some good points and I can see where they are coming from

Second mom sounds awful though so I cant see the other minder letting anything slip bet they inform each other on the sly too :laughing:

Good luck S hope you get things sorted with second mom and well done with the first

Angel xx

Schnakes
23-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Arrgh! I spoke too soon.

Okay - when I approached mum with the option I wrote her a letter with all the details include the exact calculations of how I came to the monthly figure. She agreed, so I wrote her another letter reminding her that the monthly fee would be set and she would be charged the same whether her daughter was with me or not. I also told her this verbally before writing her the letter and have written it down in the new contract we signed last week. So yesterday she turns up and starts the conversation "you know Im paying you 50% in November..." ARRRGGGHHH!!!!! Banging...head....against....brick....wall!!!! How many times does it take?? So now she wants to re-think. I cant tell you how infuriating it is!!

BTW - with re: to second mum, she can do her worst, considering Ive already warned Ofsted, NCMA and the EYWT here that she has tried to make a malicious complaint against me. Besides...Im very careful...I may not have mentioned her or her child by name, but Im sure that everybody knows exactly who Im talking about. :cool: I ent stoopid, u no!!! :p

Sx

madasahatter
23-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Could you take the non-payer to the small claims court. Our preschool has recently did this with a couple of parents and it only cost £35 per case (which we got back from the parents in addition to the outstanding fees)