PDA

View Full Version : mindees bday

louise
17-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Hi, Its my mindee's birthday next week and i will have him from8-6pm. Do you do anything special? He will be 2 the am will be baby group. I did think about us making cakes. i feel bad that he will be with me for the whole day and not mum.
lou

helenlouise
17-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi My mindee turned one with me and yes i felt rather sad he was with me and not mum and dad for his first birthday.

Mum made a whole load of cupcakes and we took them to playgroup and all the kids sang happy birthday.

Otherwise i do a special lunch and we all sing happy birthday, make party hats stuff like that.

Love Helen:)

Tily Bud
17-01-2008, 08:57 PM
I would take a cake to baby group and get all the others to sing happy birthday and take lots of photos for mum, this would be easier than doing something at your house.

I have in the past had parties for the children, sometimes with the parents here also x

fionamal
17-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Whenever its a mindes birthday i have a tea party for them and we play some games, pass the parcel etc. We normally bake cakes the day before as well

carolinel
17-01-2008, 09:07 PM
when my mindee spent her birthday with me, I invited another minder over with her mindees and had a little party for her. played pass the parcel and pin the nose of the snowman. decorated some cakes (which I then put candles on) and did her fave meal for lunch.

She had a lovely time and Mum and Dad appreciated it.

miffy
17-01-2008, 09:11 PM
I usually do a party tea if a mindee is with me on their birthday.

Whatever you do just take some photos for mum and dad - I'm sure they'll really appreciate that

Have fun

miffy xx

sarah707
17-01-2008, 09:14 PM
I was going to say photos as well... I put them on the computer as a slide show for when parents collect, then pop them on a cd as part of birthday present... we make party hats, play games with balloons, have party music on the cd player and I make sure the lunch is special...

Have fun :D

louise
17-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I only have him and my son at the mo. i did think about inviting his fave friend from group but i dont think its a good idea. As its a girl that my son use to be close to and they use to give each other kisses ect. My son hasnt seen her for awhile and now my mindee has this relationship with her and i think my son may get put out. when we made hats at xmas the mindee refused to wear it! Well do a special tea and ill put balloons upa nd get my son to make a happy birthday sign for the door.
thanks

Banana
17-01-2008, 09:40 PM
I have parties!

I decorate, make cakes, sing songs, have a bit of a hypoeractive day lol.

I havnt had any mindees on their actual birthday but I always do thier party on the next day they are with me!

x