PDA

View Full Version : My day is just getting better and better NOT

yummymummy
20-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Had my new mindee parent ring to say they can't start this morning (first day) and then change mind and come anyway, poor little mite screamed the place down for mummy until he fell asleep. Woke up happy, took him to Nursery and had a performance getting him in.:(
Then got a phone call from my before and after school mindees mum, she's just been given the sack, can't give notice or afford to pay notice period.:mad:
Then my other little one has come home from nursery not wanting any lunch, feeling a bit hot and asking to go to bed.:(
Can it get any worse?:panic:

sarah707
20-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Probably... so don't tempt fate! :eek:

Hope tomorow is better for you xx

Rubybubbles
20-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Had my new mindee parent ring to say they can't start this morning (first day) and then change mind and come anyway,
whats that about??
poor little mite screamed the place down for mummy until he fell asleep. Woke up happy, took him to Nursery and had a performance getting him in.:(
Then got a phone call from my before and after school mindees mum, she's just been given the sack, can't give notice or afford to pay notice period.:mad: tough!! she signed the contract hun stay strong
Then my other little one has come home from nursery not wanting any lunch, feeling a bit hot and asking to go to bed.:( how old? see how they are after a sleep and phone to go home:( poor thing

oh no hun! big hug

Minstrel
20-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Hopefully the saying that bad things come in three's is true for you and your run of bad luck is over!! head for the wine tonight!

P.s. i think parent who got sack should still pay notice- its not your fault and tax credits are still paid for up to 4 weeks after a job ending.

Mrs.L.C
20-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Crikey and I thought I was having a bad day. The winter Blues is in the air. Fingers crossed that tomoz is a better day.

With the parent who cant pay notice....do they get childcare tax credits? If they do she should pay you at least what she gets from that and I would make it clear that you are running a business and not a charity

LOOPYLISA
20-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Sending hugs x

singlewiththree
20-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Had my new mindee parent ring to say they can't start this morning (first day) and then change mind and come anyway, poor little mite screamed the place down for mummy until he fell asleep. Woke up happy, took him to Nursery and had a performance getting him in.:(
Then got a phone call from my before and after school mindees mum, she's just been given the sack, can't give notice or afford to pay notice period.If she has tax credits to help with childcare then they do a 4week run on as they know you have to pay childcare!
Then my other little one has come home from nursery not wanting any lunch, feeling a bit hot and asking to go to bed.:(

I've had a dropsy day, spilt loads of things and keeping dropping things. (sigh)
Paula

Pipsqueak
20-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Poor you.

I am in agreement that the parent who has been sacked should and must be paying in lieu of notice. Offer her a couple of options of paying - why should you be out of pocket. I know its hard but she signed the contract in full understanding and agreement.

xxx

yummymummy
20-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Thanks for all your good advice girls. Feel bit better now.
First day mindee is being paid via training centre and mum did not attend today but when she found out they were still going to pay me mum brought child round!
The sacked mum has said she will see what Tax credits say and pay me what they pay! to be honest the children did not really fit in with my family and I only took them on as a favour as mum seemed so desperate (that has taught me never to be so daft again.)
Ill mindee bit better after nap but mum came to collect early anyway.
Ended a little better in the end!

breezy
20-10-2008, 06:02 PM
you still need that glass of wine

yummymummy
20-10-2008, 06:06 PM
I know it's only Monday but having a large glass of red now! ;)

berkschick
20-10-2008, 06:12 PM
I hope tomorrow is better for you!

michellethegooner
20-10-2008, 09:36 PM
hope u have a better day tomorrow and stay strong with mum who got sacked she should pay, not ur fault she got the sack

angeldelight
20-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Hope your day is heaps better tomorrow

Angel xx