PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to set up in the morning?

lissy
20-10-2008, 11:00 AM
What things do you do to get ready for the day ahead?

Do you have certain things/areas you get ready each day??

I am just after ideas as i am trying to change how i do things a bit

thanks

Mrs.L.C
20-10-2008, 11:53 AM
I get my messy activity ready on the table in the kitchen/diner and make sure everything is safe - quick hover round, do dishwasher etc. I dont get any toys out as I like the children to choose and all are at the childrens level. If i was to have a baby I would probably get something out for them

Thats it really

Twinkles
20-10-2008, 11:58 AM
I have a daily risk assesment that gets filled in and things done as required. If when doing my risk assesment I see things lying around or socket covers off then that gets sorted.
Always clean downstairs loo, load dishwasher. Then get out a couple of activities depending on who's coming. They can choose different later if they want but I like them to have something to go straight into.
Then deep breath and brace myself :D

Bushpig
20-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Cursory safety check of childminding areas (using my home risk assessment form) - esp the floor (for little things that can go in mouths!), hoover, dish washer, domestos toilet, get some toys out if have lil lil ones, big lil ones choose their own toys. Get drawing things out. Start/continue preparing activity for the day... await the buzz of the door and the happy hellos on the intercom! :D

emmadines
20-10-2008, 12:10 PM
I only have older children before and afterschool, I make sure the house is tidy and the plug sockets covered the night before.
I dont do activities in the morning, only free play. all the children know where things are so help themselves to the toys they want!
other then that make a cuppa and wake up abit.:blush:
when my 2 have had their breakfast and ar ready I will normally do the lil girl i minds breakfast. (normally arrives when mine are still in their pl's and are eating their breakky!)

should I be doing more then?:blush: :blush:

Pauline
20-10-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm lucky enough to have a dedicated playroom and this is checked the night before when everyone is gone and left ready for the next day.

A check on the risk assessment for the rest of the house, prepare breakfast, 7.30 open the door and get trampled in the rush :rolleyes:

loocyloo
20-10-2008, 12:40 PM
quick whizz round to tidy up (& remove stuff DH has left in sitting room!!!) and risk assess as i go! fridge/freezer temp, get buggy/reins/hi-viz out as needed for school run!

i have some toys out already in the playroom, see if they are suitable for who will be arriving that day, if not, swap for some others to give the children something to do as soon as they arrive!

xxx

Schnakes
20-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Look gloomily round my room, think - god, why didnt I tidy up this mess last night...tidy up, and hope parents dont want to come in! LOL!!

No, really. Mornings are breakfast, get ready to go to morning activity and straight out the door. I dont like spending lots of time in the house so really its just a case of making sure everything is safe and clean for the kids to play with when we get back! I usually set up the in-house activity after lunch, during naptime.

Sx

sarah707
20-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Do my safety check ... fridge and freezer temp checks ... remember to get tea out ready for later ... get out breakfasts for early starters (and make myself a cuppa if I remember) ... do breakfasts for my 2 and get them moving ... set out something on the playroom table (drawing or Lego or small world play etc) ... put out a floor activity (car box or big Lego or blocks or train tracks etc) ... try and pop on here for 2 mins and check my emails.

Crikey I'm tired just thinking about it all! :laughing:

miffy
20-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Gosh nobody mentioned the strong cup of tea and two paracetamol :laughing:

Miffy xx

angeldelight
20-10-2008, 09:45 PM
I just run around like a headless chicken

Angel xx

Twinkles
20-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Crikey I'm tired just thinking about it all! :laughing:

It's actually quite scarey if you write it all down :eek:

charleyfarley
21-10-2008, 06:17 AM
I just run around like a headless chicken

Angel xx

Me too in between coming on here and facebook :D

Carol xx

childmind04
21-10-2008, 06:22 AM
Pick up mess from dh the night before, risk assess downstairs and check loo etc, although hardly worth it by the time my 3 are up about, set table for brekkie, put up my notice board if i have bothered to take it down the night before, put buggy outside so i can move around my kitchen, make a coffee then wait for the gate to slam at 7am :)

Oh and when mindee is playing check my mails :)
Susan

angeldelight
21-10-2008, 06:35 AM
Me too in between coming on here and facebook :D

Carol xx

Oh Carol I DONT do that ha

xxx

charleyfarley
21-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Oh Carol I DONT do that ha

xxx

Course not Angel :laughing: :laughing:

Carol xx

angeldelight
21-10-2008, 06:44 AM
Course not Angel :laughing: :laughing:

Carol xx

Actually I have to admit I do get others in the family to keep my cars parked etc ....... bit of cheating because I havent got the time to keep popping on sometimes :laughing: :laughing:

xxx

miss mopple
21-10-2008, 06:53 AM
Actually I have to admit I do get others in the family to keep my cars parked etc ....... bit of cheating because I havent got the time to keep popping on sometimes :laughing: :laughing:

xxx

Another parking wars fan eh? I'm just about to ticket DH :D As soon as I hear him coming downstairs I'm gonna get him. That'll teach him for lounging in bed while I'm working :laughing:

angeldelight
21-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Another parking wars fan eh? I'm just about to ticket DH :D As soon as I hear him coming downstairs I'm gonna get him. That'll teach him for lounging in bed while I'm working :laughing:

Sounds good to me

Why are you not on mine ?

xx

miss mopple
21-10-2008, 06:55 AM
Will pm you if you want me :D

angeldelight
21-10-2008, 06:56 AM
Will pm you if you want me :D

Yes ok

xx

gemhei
21-10-2008, 09:26 AM
I come down, put kettle on, while kettle boiling i go do quick tydy making sure everythings picked up that DP has left out night before, run back in kitchen make a cuppa, shout kids down make their breakfasts, shout DS again lol. While they have breakfast i check fridge freezer temps, clean round downstairs toilet. Send kids to get dressed while i mop kitchen floor and put out some toys. Then drink my flat cold cuppa while kids arrive. :thumbsup:

Raggydolls
21-10-2008, 09:48 AM
im so lucky i get to take it fairly easy in the mornings, i do risk assessments and fridge/freezer temp checks and put away anything hubby and son have had out that shouldnt be out and thats it really,

my son sorts himself and his own breakfast out, hubby has already left for work b4 anyone is up, so i just get dressed and have some brekkie.

when the kids arrive at 7.45 they have brekkie or fruit if they want it and free play until we leave at 8.30, there is always my chalk easel and drawing table set up, the dolls house and train tracks, lego etc are always there and the kids can get anything else they want really.

as i only have the one family of 3 b4 school and the youngest goes to nursery in the morning i have free time to do any mopping and cleaning while she is at nursery and i dont stress myself out about it like i used to coz it made me exhausted

if im feeling under the weather in a morning i let the kids have the tv on if they want it, but its hardly ever on and they wud rather play with the toys

hope im not failing my responsibilities by not having the hoovering or disinfecting etc done b4 they arrive, not as tho its a mess from the day b4 anyways, lol

leanne
xx

berkschick
21-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Hoover, wash floors, get washing on, empty dishwasher. Check toys within reach are appropriate for that days children. Give the downstairs loo the once over. Get the appropriate buggy out of the garage. Get the baby toys out if E is with me that day. Check the garden for cat mess and emply bin. All this before 7.30am!