PDA

View Full Version : What do i do?

littlesprogs
20-10-2008, 10:05 AM
hiya,

well i'm sure you all know that i'm giving up childminding and my last working day will be november 14th.

My inspection is due so do i need to ring them and tell them not to bother? Also about 2 weeks ago i paid my registration fee i dont suppose i will get this back will i? And i had to pay my public liability renewal because it runs out oct 31st i did it with morton to save a bit of money but will i get any of this back if i cancel it or will i be charged a cancellation fee or anything?

Also one last thing what paperwork do i need to keep? i know contracts and accident/incident forms have to be kept but what else?

thanks x

Pipsqueak
20-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Why don't you just keep your registration open till it runs out next year - gives you and extra option for a while doesn't it.

If not - just ring Offy and tell them you are de-reg'ing and won't have any children after xxx date.

I wouldn't have thought you'd get a refund.

You will need to keep your accounts stuff, and I am not sure what else.

littlesprogs
20-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Why don't you just keep your registration open till it runs out next year - gives you and extra option for a while doesn't it.

If not - just ring Offy and tell them you are de-reg'ing and won't have any children after xxx date.

I wouldn't have thought you'd get a refund.

You will need to keep your accounts stuff, and I am not sure what else.

If i keep my registration open i will still need an inspection and i dont see the point in going through that when i know i wont be returning to childminding again.

Andrea08
20-10-2008, 10:41 AM
mmmm keep reg going and if ofsted want to visit say your on holiday for a few wks
but rem we have to inform ofsted when we stop and post bk certificate because if they find out they will close your EY number and its realy hard to get it back if you need it in the future,
good luck x

mrsb
20-10-2008, 12:05 PM
I would ring ofsted and tell them you are keeping your registration open until membership runs out but you won't be looking after children after such and such date, I doubt very much that they will come out to inspect you to be honest, tell them you are starting another job/college etc but you are keeping your registration as a back up.

Good luck with it all :)

You need to keep child records for a stupid amount of time lol

Chatterbox Childcare
20-10-2008, 12:10 PM
hiya,

well i'm sure you all know that i'm giving up childminding and my last working day will be november 14th.

My inspection is due so do i need to ring them and tell them not to bother? Also about 2 weeks ago i paid my registration fee i dont suppose i will get this back will i? And i had to pay my public liability renewal because it runs out oct 31st i did it with morton to save a bit of money but will i get any of this back if i cancel it or will i be charged a cancellation fee or anything?

Also one last thing what paperwork do i need to keep? i know contracts and accident/incident forms have to be kept but what else?

thanks x

Keep your certificate until you stop childminding and return it to ofsted after this and ask to be taken off of the register. If they ring for an inspection, advise them of your finishing date.

Morton Michelle do refund on policies but I am unsure of a cancellation fee although I haven't heard of this.

You will need to keep your accounts paperwork too as it is the tax office that require it.

buildingblocks
30-10-2008, 02:49 PM
If i keep my registration open i will still need an inspection and i dont see the point in going through that when i know i wont be returning to childminding again.

Tell them you have no children in at the moment as you are taking some time out will give you a bit of leeway if needed

Pudding Girl
30-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Don't forget you'll still need to keep your paperwork regarding the mindees ( contract, complaints, incident/accident/diaries if you have your own copies) for 21 years :eek: :rolleyes: