PDA

View Full Version : Help. Microsoft not working

louise
20-10-2008, 05:54 AM
Hi, On an off chance can any of you help? I have an mum coming round at 2pm. I went to update my prospectus and a few other things last night but microsoft wont open. Its the same with hubbies email, any saved microsoft file(not pdf) and any of the policies on Bromley.

Hubbie has tried updates, reinstall and many other things with no luck.
Any idea? I stupidly went and scribbled what i needed to change on both my folder and welcome pack.

Loux

Monkey1
20-10-2008, 05:57 AM
I'm computer alliterate! sorry! Good luck!

angeldelight
20-10-2008, 06:37 AM
Hope you get it sorted out

Good luck with the new parent later

Angel xx

Pauline
20-10-2008, 06:48 AM
Can't help sorry. but if the worst happens and you can't re do your paperwork just explain to the parent why you made notes on the others, she/he will understand.

:)

sarah707
20-10-2008, 06:52 AM
You can download a free 60 day trial version of the new Microsoft Word from here -

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101741481033.aspx

Alternatively, Open Office is free and reads Word documents -

http://www.openoffice.org/

Hope one of these works! :D

louise
20-10-2008, 06:55 AM
Thanks. Hubbie has tried open office but it didnt work. Hopefully parent will understand. It was working fine on wed as i done some new policies but i stupidly didn't do updates on what i have already. I shouldn't of left it to last min.
Lou

miffy
20-10-2008, 06:56 AM
Just wanted to wish you good luck with the parent

Sorry I'm useless with computers

Miffy xx

louise
20-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Thank you everyone. its still not working. Hubbie might get his wish for a laptop. Mind you he hasn't mentioned it yet .Computer is only 3 years old yet is getting very slow.

I don't think i will get mindee and i'm now not to bothered. He get picked up by the nursery at mo. If he went to the after school club linked to it they only have to pay £7. Thats untill6. I will be 8.75 plus dinner if needed till 5.30. My ds said this child said a naughty word last week. Also when speaking to my friend she said her dd said this child is always getting told of for being naughty. My bil girlfriend works at the nursery he is at and she said he is hard work. Could be fun! My current mindee has been violent to his mum all weekend and i dont think this would help.

Lou

Mrs.L.C
20-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Have you done a recent virus scan, adware scan etc? might be why computer is slow

louise
20-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Yes we have. Thank you i do think the we need a new one will be said tonight he done that this year when car needed mot.

Didn't get mindee as he is allergic to dogs and cats. He would need antihistamine and inhaler. Not the best place when i have one dog and two cats. He played for a bit and was excited when he realised my son was in his class. Had a general chat with mum but didnt use the folder as she wouldn't be able to sign. So at least i now know a mum at my sons school.

Lou