PDA

View Full Version : being paid by social services???

sarahstanbridge
19-10-2008, 09:47 AM
morning all, had a call last night from a granny looking for childcare for her 15 month grandson as of monday lunchtime. as i understand it mum is in hospital, dad works full time so need childcare for little one when gran works. its to be paid by social serices. has anyone done this. how do they pay? do they pay ontime etc.. grans going to ring today if they want to see me/use me as they live quite a distance away from me.

thanks

yummymummy
19-10-2008, 10:04 AM
When I worked for Childrens Services it was them that approached me rather than the parent, had meeting with parent to find out needs and Social Worker drew up a contract for me and Childrens Services to sign. Gave all bank details etc and they paid monthly in arrears. I had to fill in a monthly timesheet, send it into the admin clerk and it was processed for payment, so in effect it was 6 weeks before the money actually reached my account. The only problem I had in a year was when one timesheet "got lost in the post" so by the time I realised this by not receiving payment it was virtually time for the next one to go in! They processed both together and it miraculously reached my account in less than a week that time!
I found it all ok once it got going but 6 weekd without money initially was hard going.

sarah707
19-10-2008, 10:37 AM
When i used to do social services work they were awful at paying... but you have to relax and go with the flow as there is no point whatsoever rushing them or writing letters or phoning in... you will get your money in their time :D

butterfly
19-10-2008, 02:24 PM
i looked after two children after school during june and july and social services agreed to pay me. i am still waiting for the money - over £200! a lady phoned me about 2 months a go and asked me to resubmit my invoice in sesions rather than hours as there is an arguement about which department is paying!!

sarahstanbridge
19-10-2008, 03:12 PM
update!!!

well dad has phones this morning. they are coming tomorrow to do contaracts etc at 12.30ish and child will start at 1.30 tomorrow. he is going to pay me with a cheque with card guarantee number. so i asume they are going to claim it back will have to see!!

really looking forward to having a smaller one in. wish me luck!!!

just got to clean of high chair . get big pram out etc. plus some of the more baby toys out.

Little Pumpkins
20-10-2008, 06:07 AM
mine is meant to be paid weekly via social services for one child, they are currently ten weeks in arrears and havnt sent anything in 3 weeks

I will never do social services again

angeldelight
20-10-2008, 06:19 AM
I have worked with social services for years and still do

I will not work for them unless they sign my contract agreement that I make out just for them

They are hopless at paying on time so with a contract in place they agree that I will charge them late fees etc if they are late

My business my rules - its worked well every single time since I have done this they have never been late and more often than not bring the money down to me in cash

Good luck with the little one and with payments

Angel xx

claires
20-10-2008, 06:29 AM
NO NO NO they dont pay on time!!!!!
I have been looking after a little baby for 9 weeks now and I am still waiting!!!:eek:

angeldelight
20-10-2008, 06:34 AM
NO NO NO they dont pay on time!!!!!
I have been looking after a little baby for 9 weeks now and I am still waiting!!!:eek:

Learn from your mistakes Claire I have
In future get them to sign a payment agreement

Hope you get your money soon

Angel xx

casey's mum
20-10-2008, 09:38 AM
As Angela I too insisted on them paying me on my terms! I invoice them and it takes 4 working days for the payment to land in my account.
Setting up my BACS payment took the longest, with that I suggest you keep phoning to remind them of due payment date and as Angel said late fees they will incur!
Social Services great it the job centre I will never touch again!
Hope all goes well!

Angela xx

claires
20-10-2008, 11:06 AM
I take it all back.......... my cheque arrived this morning!!!
Popped it in the bank already! Its a pity its already spent!:panic: