PDA

View Full Version : Dressing up storage

Lincsminder
18-10-2008, 11:22 AM
At the moment I have dressing up stuff hung up on a coat stand with hats underneath but it is getting messy and you can't really see what is there. I have just ordered some more outfits and need a better storage system, so what do you think is better a clothes rail with them all in a neat line or an old fashioned basket with them all trown in and jumbled up.

tulip0803
18-10-2008, 11:29 AM
I had a fantastic chest type wicker thing that I had all my dressing up in and the children loved it (they could climb in it:) ) but it got damaged when I moved so I have a rack at the moment, just a cheap one from Argos which is ok. They can all see what is there but I want to get a chest again because it was like a fantastic discovery when they all rumaged to see what they could find:D

marian
18-10-2008, 12:18 PM
I toyed with the idea of a hanging rail but stuck with a big box so they can have fun finding and discovering:)
Marian x

Pudding Girl
18-10-2008, 12:48 PM
I don't have them all out at once as like everything else they just pick the same things otherwise. I hang the outfits up on hangers and stick them on the end of the travel cot, maybe 6 out at a time for a week then change them.

The other stuff, bangles, hats, glasses, bags, shoes, gloves etc is in a plastic box and out all the time.
Used to keep the outfits in a box too but just got trampled on, dirty and creased. I don't have room for a hanging raill like the coatstand idea though!

charleyfarley
18-10-2008, 12:58 PM
I have mine hanging on a clothes rail with all the hats, bags and accessories in stacker boxes.

Carol xx

singlewiththree
18-10-2008, 01:12 PM
My house isnt big enough for a clothes rail so I have a plastic storage box with them all in but that is full and its a huge box. I have bangles and bags etc in a smaller box. They are in a cupboard and I get them out about twice a week at the moment.

Paula

Angela234
18-10-2008, 02:26 PM
i was wondering weather to get a hanging rail from argos i'm finding my dressing up stuff isn't getting used its in a storage box in the playroom in the storage unit and a seperate box with hats ect

How strong are hanging rails?

Angela

Lincsminder
18-10-2008, 05:43 PM
My friend has a hanging rail, just a cheap one from argos and has it packed full of dressing up stuff and it is still standing.

madasahatter
18-10-2008, 06:23 PM
I modified a large plastic box.....well I got my husband to :) He cut two boards to fit inside the box (imagine a long triangle with a rectangle at the bottom the same size as the end of the box) out of some scrap mdf and we joined them together with a length of thick dowel at the top and two batons at the bottom. It means we have a hanging rail at the top with the box underneath for shoes, bags, hats and other accessories.

Pudding Girl
18-10-2008, 07:09 PM
what a good idea!

gemhei
18-10-2008, 07:16 PM
We have a basket fro dressing up, Ofsted said they prefered to have a rail but as i kindly pointed out we didnt have room for a rail, if we got one it would have to be put in the middle of the room and my house would look like a shop and it is still my home. They were ok with the basket after this lol.

PixiePetal
18-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Just ordered some new dressing up outfits from SBS. Forgot I owned a rail, will have to dig it out of the cupboard - can't stay out all the time as only have lounge/diner to work in - my family would have to move out!

Jen:)

Ebs71
18-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Just ordered some new dressing up outfits from SBS. Forgot I owned a rail, will have to dig it out of the cupboard - can't stay out all the time as only have lounge/diner to work in - my family would have to move out!

Jen:)

Hi do you have a link for SBS as ive never heard of them and cant find them?

Hayley xx:)

childmind04
18-10-2008, 08:25 PM
How funny i have just reserved a rail today from argos as the box i have is not big enough and the kids just throw stuff all over to get what they want :(

I did want hubby to make a rail using the wooden box from ikea that you can add castors on and make a rail to attach to it but i will be waiting till next tear for that to happen!!

PixiePetal
18-10-2008, 08:30 PM
www.sbs-educational.co.uk

Jen

Monkey1
18-10-2008, 08:40 PM
I have just bought a mobile cloakroom from sbs and the clothes look great on it:thumbsup: although my friend has mentioned she might sell her dressing up carosel :jump for joy: