PDA

View Full Version : Heathy lunchbox ideas

Tatia
18-10-2008, 08:49 AM
I may be asking for the impossible but can anyone suggest healthy packed lunch ideas? At my new job, the staff and children bring a packed lunch and eat together. I'm limited because #1 they don't have a microwave.:rolleyes: :eek: so I can't heat up left-over dinners (new industrial kitchen and apparently you can't have any old microwave or else I'd donate one myself!). #2 I really am not overly fond of sandwhiches. Least not sandwhiches that have been made hours before they're eaten (bleh!).

So I need ideas for nice lunches that can be eaten cold or room temp. The only thing I can think of is a cup of packet soup (made with the kettle) and salad. I do love salad but every day may get a bit old. Plus I do like a bit of a hearty lunch. I'm not one of those 'let's have a light lunch' type of people. Even when I do have salad,it's generally loaded with grilled chicken, some bacon and boiled egg.:blush:

I do think that I may be able to finally shift those 2 pesky stones once I start working away from home. I realize that my weight issues began when I started childminding but also coincides with Depo, being ill, birth of 4th child, lots of things that together contributed to the gain but certainly not helped with me being home and picking and grazing all day.

I'm pleased I've been able to maintain the 12 stone mark and my ultimate goal is 10 stone. But for now I just want to concentrate on getting to 11stone.

Alibali
18-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Pasta is a good hearty choice! Mix it with light mayo and chicken, or a pesto or a tomato based sauce, throw in as many veggies as you dare and it'll keep you full for ages:)

Gherkin
18-10-2008, 09:01 AM
My choices would be pasta hot or cold, I also do not mind cold risotto!
Pittas, salad and dips
French bread and goats cheese or pate
Hard boiled eggs and ryvitas
Wraps with cooked fajita style chicken, grated cheese, salsa, guacalmole - YUM YUM YUM

Maybe this is why my weight is stuck!

angeldelight
18-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Have a look in the recipe section - the one that is at the top of the forum

Not the cookery activty section but the other one - 3rd box along

There are heaps of ideas there a lot of what I did myself

Have a look Tatia

Angel xx

Twinkles
18-10-2008, 04:03 PM
You could take some soup in a flask with a nice crusty roll. That would be filling and healthy. Maybe a cereal bar and some fruit for dessert.

When we go on picnics in the summer I treat myself to some suchi , it's very healthy and surprisingly filling.