PDA

View Full Version : ive had an enquiry!! yessssss

sarahstanbridge
17-10-2008, 09:22 PM
well today in the playground i was approached by a mum who is looking for care for her baby from end of feb next year for 11.30-5.30 mon-fri. the baby will be aprrox 6/7 months by then. she spoke to me some time ago but then i never heard again. she was waiting to see what happened as he husband had applied for a new job which he did not get! so are again looking for childcare in my area. also another parent has told me that she cant make up her mind whether to use a childminder or nursery. she has used both with her first child so knows the pros and cons.

she is going to arrange to come around to see me during half term as her husband is off then as well.

if she wants to use me should i charge her a deposit or a retainer fee. i have a baby space available now that i have not been able to fill since jan this year. i am thinking i should charge a retainer fee?.

what do i charge as a retainer?

what do you all charge as a retainer as i have never been in the possition to do it.

god i hope she wants me. dont want to come over as desperate but i am!! LOL . i really need the money as lost my before schoolers to breakfast club and i heard today the after school club will open after christmas some time. the school have choosen the company that will do it. they just need to get everything ready for it so i am expecting to loose my after schoolers to it as thay are already using the morning club.

LittleStars
18-10-2008, 12:09 PM
If you are desperate I would consider carefully the retainer issue... A nursery will rarely charge a retainer and if she is unsure about choosing a nursery then that may be the deciding factor.

I saw 2 people this week about a space that is available now.

Number 1 to start Jan...she was lovely, children were gorgeous...great hours...on good terms and I am NOT charging a retainer.

Number 2 to start december. She was lovely but hours and days not perfect and not the best terms so I have said she will have to pay a retainer.

If I am desperate for the family then I don't charge...if not so desperate then I do.

HTH
Jen

LittleStars
18-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Should have added that yes you do need to take a deposit....

Jen

Rubybubbles
18-10-2008, 12:13 PM
oh good luck hun!!

I am soft and don;t tend to charge a retainer, but it has bitten me in the bum for not doing so too:blush:

Maybe charge £100 to keep the space or something? that way you'll have some kind of retainer IYSWIM!!! really hard,

Remember we now do everything that a nursery does, only we can offer a lot more:D Picnic in the park in the rain under huge Golf umbrellas:laughing: was such a laugh:p more 1:1

x

berkschick
18-10-2008, 12:15 PM
I totally agree.

If there is not much work in your area then she will have the pick of minders and some might not charge her a retainer.

I would charge her a 2 week deposit to hold the place, only refundable towards the first months fees.