PDA

View Full Version : childcare vouchers - again

gemhei
16-10-2008, 07:40 PM
I have a new little girl starting in 2 weeks and mum wants to pay me most of the weekly fee with childcare vouchers. This is ok as ive read some posts on here to say they are mainly good. I asked if she could do a direct payment instead of paper vouchers and she said no problem.

The parent called me today and said the company are new to this sceme and could only provide me with paper vouchers! How long do these usually take as ive heard they are a nightmare? Is there anything i can do to change to direct payment? Thanks in advance for advice

crazybones
16-10-2008, 08:47 PM
They are only a nightmare if the parent doesnt give you them 3/4 days in advance of payment date because they take that long to clear. I used to get paid in paper vouchers but mum paid them to me the week before so the money cleared in advance. I had to ring and claim them over the phone. Its just easier with online vouchers because the parent does all the work and the money just appears in your account. The only time I had bother with the paper ones was during the postal strike last year, which in Liverpool carried on longer than everywhere else and they were stuck in the post and mum didnt have the extra to pay me cash as the value had been taken from her wages already. As long as mum gets the voucher to you in plenty of time they should be fine. :thumbsup:

marian
16-10-2008, 08:59 PM
I agree with Annie - if the parent gives them to you in plenty of time then it is fine as they do take 3-5 working days to clear.
As someone who has used vouchers to pay for child care we are usually given them well in advance anyway - it just depends on the parent whether they remember to pass them on in time:rolleyes:
Marian x

Pudding Girl
16-10-2008, 09:00 PM
I think you can only get paid by these vouchers monthly not weekly, could be wrong though, so worth checking that out. I don't know anything about paper vouchers though sorry mine were always done online.

gemhei
16-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Well they better not be paid monthly because it states in contract weekly unless she gets them a month in advance then she can give me them each week. Thanks for all your help ill have a word with mum when i speak to her tomorrow. :)

yummymummy
16-10-2008, 09:15 PM
I had 2 set of paper vouchers, Accor at the time the biggest pain as you could only post them but now can redeem them over internet. Sodexho you ring a freephone number and found this the easiest but they took at least a day longer than Accor to pay up!
You can redeem them as often as you like, I do mine weekly.
Don't make my mistake of being soft though and accepting them on "pay day" as you have to redeem them and wait for money whereas I find parents who deal with evouchers put thhem through to reach you by expected payday.

PixiePetal
16-10-2008, 09:38 PM
I get sodexo vouchers on first day of attendance (monday) weekly. I phone up to activate and they are in the bank cleared by thursday, same as cheque would be really. Seems to work well, I get e-mail to say it is going through, no worries !

Jen

Chatterbox Childcare
16-10-2008, 11:31 PM
I would say go for it. I am sure you will get them through earlier than your normal payment date and money will be with you in time