PDA

View Full Version : Risk assessments

Minnie mouse
16-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi apologies for talking about risk assessments again, but just want to get them finished. Justwondered if anyone can tell me what kinds of things i should be putting down for toy library? and soft play centre? oh yeh and school run please. :)

Sorry also how do you all use the different (park) equipment i.e swings,climbing frame etc safely?

Minnie mouse
17-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Sorry if i scared you all :)

sarah707
17-10-2008, 08:08 AM
Have you looked at the ones on www.bromleycma.org.uk?

They are very helpful and I think most of us use similar formats :D

Minnie mouse
17-10-2008, 08:11 AM
Yeh i used the ones for walking, car, park and shops but couldnt see any others that i need i.e toylibrary and soft play centres
:)

sarah707
17-10-2008, 08:25 AM
A friend of mine went round places with a pen and pad when she visited and did them that way...

If you contact the library and soft play they will have their own risk assessments which they will share with you... those can go in your file as evidence as well...

I use bits from other assessments in them all as well - the risks are similar.

Hth :D

Minnie mouse
17-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks sarah :D How do you ensure children use park play equipment safely? I tell the children how to use equipment correctly i.e going up slide via stairs , sitting on a swing and not standing etc. is there anything else? Thanks

sarah707
17-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Working with parents... tell them what you say and how you encourage children... so they can back you up.

Talking to other settings and finding out how they teach children to be safe...

Also, think about books you read with the children which might give you a chance to emphasise safety or examples of good practice you comment on when you are watching others playing or how you manage behaviour positively...