PDA

View Full Version : Feeling guilty

son77
16-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Mindee has been off ill tues, weds & thurs and dad just phoned to say he wont be with me tomorrow either.

Now im feeling guilty as Ive earned £120 for doing nothing.

My hearts telling me to give them something back because I appreciate them keeping him at home & not sending him to me, and also that way when he's poorly next time they will be more likely to again keep him off. But then will the always expect a discount when he's off ill?

My contract does state full fee's for sickness but now Im feeling that maybe for 4 full days its a bit unfair.

Trouble
16-10-2008, 06:48 PM
they new when they signed with you the payment arrangement.

enjoy the rest:laughing: and dont feel guilty:thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
16-10-2008, 06:52 PM
don;t feel guilty! what if he had carried on sending the kids and you got ill and had to shut shop, then you would be out of pocket:D

LisaH
16-10-2008, 06:57 PM
No don't feel bad!!! It happens, and a contract is a contract!! They knew the score when they signed up. They are more than likely getting paid anyway so why shouldnt you??

charleyfarley
16-10-2008, 07:20 PM
I had a day off from one mindee yesterday, his mom decided to have him with her as she was recovering from a cold. Anyway when they pay me tomorrow I will gladly take the money and definately won't feel guilty.

I know it's a big amount to pay while he wasn't with you but they agreed to it. So don't you feel guilty enjoy the time off

Carol xx

son77
16-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Oh girls you are all so cold hearted!!!!

Ha ha!

I know what you are all saying, just me being a big softie :laughing:

finbob
16-10-2008, 07:37 PM
im as soft as you i never charge the stated hours i only charge when they are with me.But my partner is the main earner and i only did this as my son is at home with me so ive never been business minded although i could curse myself sometimes for doing it.IM JUST TOO SOFT.Hey what goes around comes around maybe someone will do me a good deed one day.HIGHLY UNLIKELY.:littleangel: :littleangel:

angeldelight
16-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Oh girls you are all so cold hearted!!!!

Ha ha!

I know what you are all saying, just me being a big softie :laughing:

Its always easy to say when its someone else though

I bet if we were in your situation we would feel the same - guilty !!

Thing is what would happen if you were ill and you didnt get paid for the whole week because you could not have their child ? Would they feel sorry for you because you had no pay that week ? I dont think they would

So it works both ways

Its your money and your earnings - take it

Angel xx

son77
16-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Its always easy to say when its someone else though

I bet if we were in your situation we would feel the same - guilty !!

Thing is what would happen if you were ill and you didnt get paid for the whole week because you could not have their child ? Would they feel sorry for you because you had no pay that week ? I dont think they would

So it works both ways

Its your money and your earnings - take it

Angel xx

Thanks Angel, think I have looked at this at a different angle now :D

miffy
16-10-2008, 08:43 PM
No don't feel guilty you have bills to pay just the same as they do and rely on your fees to pay them.

Angel is right - if you have time off they will not be rushing to pay you.

Miffy xx