PDA

View Full Version : Ive lost my marbles!!!

Andrea08
16-10-2008, 05:34 PM
i have been sooo worried about EYFS and Ofsted im dreaming about it all,

well i topped it today,,,, got this idea in my head that i was being watched?
i was acting as if an inspector was with me all day... i know ive gone loopy!

first i did my risk assessment twice and noticed bits i had missed for months ohhhh what if ofsted had noticed :panic:

ok so i start changing babies nappy and im talkin to myself ,,, and now i use the parents wipes theres a set for each child etc etc
then i used a wipe to clean changing mat and said "out loud " "ohhh its not an anti B but its what ive always done!!! " see im going mad...

so off to the horse field with our morning fruit ,,, lets share with the horses
this woman looked at me funny and i dont know why?
then a lady i bump into a lot said "who are you talking to?"
well i was soo:blush: i just confessed im practicing talking and explaining what i do incase an ofsted inspector visited me..

so all day i have been talking out loud to myself i do this im doing that, the records are in 2nd draw, parents diary is in bag, i use this time to do this n that...

one thing ive noticed i have a few bad habbits just like old drivers lol hehehe

now ive noticed these little bad habbits im even more worried and i just know if i get an inspection the mindees are going to play-up and its all going to go wrong.

is it just me or are others panicing like me:(

im living breathing and dreaming EYFS im going 4 a glass of red as soon as i finish cleaning up, its realy getting to me , parent said oh have a night off... how can i when theres kids pictures toys n changing mats in my lounge
going to live in d bathroom away from it all. I understand why some leave n work for a nursery they can go home and leave work behind them, we are living it 24/7
even my weekends are ,,,fix this fix that its my risk assessment its paper work its mindee shopping toy shopping ohhhhhh:angry:

need a holiday

Trouble
16-10-2008, 05:40 PM
i think you do:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i was born in the same place you live so it must be the water their:D :laughing: :laughing:

Annie_T
16-10-2008, 05:40 PM
sorry all i could do is giggle while reading that. sorry hun.

bless ya tho, x

LOOPYLISA
16-10-2008, 05:41 PM

first i did my risk assessment twice and noticed bits i had missed for months ohhhh what if ofsted had noticed :panic:

ok so i start changing babies nappy and im talkin to myself ,,, and now i use the parents wipes theres a set for each child etc etc
then i used a wipe to clean changing mat and said "out loud " "ohhh its not an anti B but its what ive always done!!! " see im going mad...

well i was soo:blush: i just confessed im practicing talking and explaining what i do incase an ofsted inspector visited me..

so all day i have been talking out loud to myself i do this im doing that, the records are in 2nd draw, parents diary is in bag, i use this time to do this n that...

now ive noticed these little bad habbits im even more worried and i just know if i get an inspection the mindees are going to play-up and its all going to go wrong.

im living breathing and dreaming EYFS im going 4 a glass of red as soon as i finish cleaning up, its realy getting to me , parent said oh have a night off... how can i when theres kids pictures toys n changing mats in my lounge
going to live in d bathroom away from it all. I understand why some leave n work for a nursery they can go home and leave work behind them, we are living it 24/7
even my weekends are ,,,fix this fix that its my risk assessment its paper work its mindee shopping toy shopping ohhhhhh:angry:

need a holiday

Oh no poor you x

sarah707
16-10-2008, 06:05 PM
I think you need time away...

There are some very nice people who will come and collect you if you like in a nice padded van :D :laughing:

Andrea08
16-10-2008, 06:15 PM
can i come live with you sarah lol
i can wash pots and make my own bed xxx

Twinkles
16-10-2008, 06:18 PM
I have only one thing to say Andrea

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/graphicsgrotto1/nextgensmileys/emotions/smemotions12.gif (http://www.graphicsgrotto.com)

Rubybubbles
16-10-2008, 06:23 PM
big hug hun!!

at least your doing something about it, I still haven't touched my SEF :laughing:

head in sand

Saranotts
16-10-2008, 07:17 PM
your marbles are probably under my sofa with the rest of the small toys...........

Sara

P.s. If you are an Ofsted Inspector secretly listening in, then of course I have no toys under my sofa as I risk assess it each morning and remove all items that may be a choking hazard to children :littleangel:

watgem
16-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Glad its not just me! Hop you have an ofsted/eyfs free weekendx:laughing:

Andrea08
16-10-2008, 09:24 PM
your marbles are probably under my sofa with the rest of the small toys...........

Sara

P.s. If you are an Ofsted Inspector secretly listening in, then of course I have no toys under my sofa as I risk assess it each morning and remove all items that may be a choking hazard to children :littleangel:

:ROFL1: ohhh im glad i didnt go bed the posts i would have missed

ps is there a bed time on ere? or do most of us wake up with keyboard stuck to cheek and dribble on mouse lol

DCS
21-10-2008, 07:03 PM

need a holiday

:eek: OMG :eek: I'm doing exatly the same thing!

I haven't got a clue whats going on in the world, cant remember a thing, if Its not to do with OFSTED, EYFS or childminding.

I can't wait till my inspections over with (I haven't even had 'the call ' yet, ( I know what you all must be thinking):rolleyes: )

I've decided, If they grade me anything less than outstanding, I won't let them leave my home (I guess I'm make the 6 o'clock news:panic: )

Nettynoo
21-10-2008, 09:06 PM
I am so glad I read your message!!!! I thought it was just me!!!! After my 5 year old daughter said to my hubby at the weekend 'I wish Mummy could go to work and you stay at home because you're more fun!!!!!' She thought I was far enough away not to hear!! I have now banned Ofsted/Ncma/EYFS etc for all of their waking hours at the weekend!!!! Why should I spend all of my childrens free time thinking about how to make life lovely for everyone elses children!!!!!?? I think I may have to go back to Nannying after all!!!!

Rubybubbles
21-10-2008, 09:08 PM
:ROFL1: ohhh im glad i didnt go bed the posts i would have missed

ps is there a bed time on ere? or do most of us wake up with keyboard stuck to cheek and dribble on mouse lol

the ones with really high post count in shortest space of time do

Oh wait that'll be YOU:laughing: :laughing:

sharons
21-10-2008, 09:29 PM
I try to do all my work in the week and leave the weekend free for family we all need the break.:laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
21-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Andrea I am sorry but that did make me laugh. I do really feel for you but it shows you care passionately about your job.

BUT try not to get too stressed about it - we are allowed a life outside of minding (contrary to what some parents would have us believe:laughing: ).

Its ok to practise what you are going to say - its no different to public speakers is it.

As too Sara's marbles under her sofa - can she have a look for mine while she is risk assessing tomorrow morning because I have lost my marbles too:laughing:

teacake2
23-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Can you send the nice padded van for me as well Sarah as long as there are some nice young men in white coats in it. Perhaps if we get a stretched van it can go round the country picking us all up and take us to some nice desert island somewhere where the only things we have to think about is do we go in the sea or not and what is next to drink or eat and we don't have to risk assess it.
It is definitely catching this losing our marbles.
Teacake2:( :( :(

sarah707
23-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Can you send the nice padded van for me as well Sarah as long as there are some nice young men in white coats in it. Perhaps if we get a stretched van it can go round the country picking us all up and take us to some nice desert island somewhere where the only things we have to think about is do we go in the sea or not and what is next to drink or eat and we don't have to risk assess it.
It is definitely catching this losing our marbles.
Teacake2:( :( :(

Will there be cake?

I'll come along for the ride if there's cake :D

Mags
23-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Sorry, couldn't help but giggle....but i think i understand how your feeling.

Personally i have stopped stressing about it all. As long as i show an understanding of eyfs and can show evidence of how i use it....well, for me that's good enough for now. :)

juliesfabfour
23-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Sarah you make me laugh :laughing: I quite fancy the idea of the van! oh and the nice men but only if they come with the cake.

Seriously though it's enough to make us all lose our marbles. I am just plodding along, doing a bit of sef (it's so flippin' long!) and getting a folder up together ready for inspection - just hoping they won't ring for at least a year!!

Trouble is I seem to get distracted by looking around on this forum when I should really be getting on with it :) xx

Andrea08
23-10-2008, 09:06 PM
stop press im so glad you have all read my thread but my internet died and only just got it back and wow we have all lost our marbles even sarah talking about cake what sort of cake not the space kind i hope ?:D

and men in white coats i thought that went out in d 80's wid miami vice lol

ohhhh its good to be back i have missed you all so much i kissed my PC when she started working again, god help me if i eva take a holiday,, talking of
do we all pop on on christmas day and wish each other a happy day? or does the boss close us down for the day?

xxxxx

angeldelight
24-10-2008, 10:06 AM
Nice to see you back

Most of us do pop here christmas day

The boss would never dare to close the forum down even for a day ha

Angel xx