PDA

View Full Version : I knew it was too good to be true....

sarah32
16-10-2008, 04:21 PM
You know when things are going well and of course something has to happen and mess everything up.:(

Ive not been sleeping the last week and its normally due to worrying and I just knew something was going to happen and it did today.

One of my mums says she want to cut her hours at work down from 5 days to 3 days. So instead of 35 hours will go down to 27 hours which you are all probably thinking thats not too bad but I have brother and sister so I will be losing 16 hours total a week. Worked it out and I will be down £200 a month.

So I will have to look for another mindee to fill the other two days which I dont think im going to have much luck with that.

Mum thinks she can pick her 3 days but shes got another thing coming as will have to be the same every week as will have to fill the other 2 days and I will explain to her she then cant just ring me and get me to have the children when she wants a day to herself, I know she will try this.

Im really gutted.

Jules27
16-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh dear, sorry to hear that. Stick to your guns re days though. Really hope you find another mindee soon.

sarah707
16-10-2008, 04:58 PM
It's really hard when that happens and you're trying to fill an awkward gap.

Make sure you let Sure Start know you have a vacancy though and get advertising... you never know who is out there.

Good luck xx

Trouble
16-10-2008, 05:37 PM
i have lost 2 recently and we wont go their on how much i am loosing payment wise, but i took on a little baby, and a lady phones with a view for another baby!!!!!

but i will be quiet for a little while, not so bad in my case i think at the moment.

so something will come along when you least expect it too.

Andrea08
16-10-2008, 05:58 PM
ohhh i know its harsh and parents often think they employ us to have their children and not that we are self-employed and etc etc

good luck finding a replacement for the 2days but i would enjoy the break for a week or two xx

sarah32
16-10-2008, 06:26 PM
She did say its not set which days she works so Ive been thinking she said she wants me to have the children tues, wednes and thurs but i think its going to be difficult to find someone that wants childcare mondays and friday so Im going to say tomorrow Id prefer the days to be mon, tues and wednes or wednes, thurs and friday so i have 2 days together to offer to another parent.

Do you think it would be easier to fill then?

Im just hoping a couple of months down the line she doesnt change her mind again if Ive filled the days because she's already changed the contract once from 4 day to 5 day week and Ive only had the children since March 2008.

Why do they do this, she could of stayed at a 4 day week and probably be happy now.