PDA

View Full Version : Swimming??

Hebs
16-10-2008, 03:07 PM
do any of you take your mindees swimming??

just found out our local pool does "toddler sessions" on wednesday mornings, would you do it or do you think it's too risky??

Saying that i'd probably only go with 1 mindee at a time, i think 2 or more and i'd go nuts :idea: :laughing:

Pauline
16-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Last time I checked on the guidlines for taking minded children swimming it was recommended 'one to one' for taking under 5's.

:)

Minnie mouse
16-10-2008, 05:01 PM
yeh thats right if the child cant swim its one to on so they wouldnt allow you to take any more :)

Hebs
16-10-2008, 09:03 PM
yeah it was one on one i was wondering about cos i know for safety reasons more than one would be too risky.

just wondered if anyone had done it??

:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
16-10-2008, 11:34 PM
I take 3 every week. have the armbands on and you should be fine if you are a confident swimmer.

Check with you local swimming pools and most say around here 1:2 ratio

Minnie mouse
17-10-2008, 08:14 AM
Ive just found my local pool admissions policy this is what it reads

AGE OF CHILD ---- CHILD PER ADULT
3 years and under --- one to one
4-7years ---- two to one
Exception ---- Three to one
If one of the three can swim 25 metres and then tread water for 30 seconds without a rest.

Hope that helps :)

Saranotts
17-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Yes, I've taken mine before in the holidays I had one two year old, a 6 year old swimmer (my dd) and a 9 year old swimmer and a 11 year old swimmer (my ds). I decided on a day when I knew I would only have to worry about one because the others were all confident in the water. It was brilliant fun and I would recommend it as long as you choose your pool carefully, the one we went to has a beach like edge so was good for the little one and then just one well supervised flume and not too many people. Also it has good family changing cubicles, that I could fit in with the little ones. The biggest risk is the children will all pile on you and try and drown you:eek: .

Enjoy.

Sara

Pauline
17-10-2008, 12:18 PM
To be on the safe side it would be best to check with your childminding insurance provider as to what, if any, rules or restrictions they have.