PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted been

elaineg
16-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Had my inspection and was graded Good in all areas. She was here for about three hours and was lovely. She liked the tree on the notice board, (Thanks Angel). She also liked the cat litter tray idea (thanks again Angel). Thanks Sarah for all the help from her ebooks, couldnt have done it without them, especially the SEF which she referred to all the time. She also liked the laminated cards giving medical permission for the children on my key ring, sorry cant remember whos tip that was but thank you. She liked the self registration pictures of the children which they stick up in the porch when they arrive, every child has a different picture with their photograph on it, got them off Sparklebox.

She did mention that you have to have a Fire Evacuation Plan displayed and a Lost child policy. I did have them but thought I would mention in case some of you dont have them.

Asked lots of inclusion questions, how I would adapt activities and outings for different ages, stages of development and disabilities. How I would accomodate a disabled child that sort of thing.

Asked lots of questions about working with parents and other settings.

Asked lots of questions on further planning for the children and spent a lot of time on risk assessments, she said you must have a written risk assessment for every room of the house, showing any hazards that you find and what you have done about them, that must be updated at least every six months as well as a daily tick list.

Hope this helps anyone waiting for their inspection. If I remember anything else will let you know. Glad its over cant wait for kids to go home to hit the wine.

love Elaine XXX

Chatterbox Childcare
16-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Well done

Amazing that the things she has asked for are not listed in the Statutory Requirements (Lost Child Policy excluded)

Wiggly
16-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Congratulations

Wiggly
x

cherry
16-10-2008, 01:02 PM
:clapping: Well done Elaine :clapping:

Janeyc
16-10-2008, 01:07 PM
:jump for joy: Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!bet your glad its all over now-i was!jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sarah707
16-10-2008, 01:20 PM
:clapping:
Well done you! :clapping:

Thank you for the great feedback :D

miss muffit
16-10-2008, 01:29 PM
:clapping: Well done :clapping:

ruby
16-10-2008, 04:06 PM
congratulations well done:clapping:

cathy

DudleyChildmind
16-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Well done and thank you for the tips :thumbsup:

busylizzie
16-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Good on you.Enjoy your wine you deserve it:clapping:

marian
16-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Well done:clapping:
Enjoy the wine:D
Marian x

donnahay0
16-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Well done you - I bet you are gulping your wine as I type - you deserve it, you obviously put in a lot of hard work.

Thanks for the advice I have an inspection due at any time so it's nice to be prepared, although I don't think I can possibly do any more.

Enjoy your evening.

tulip0803
16-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Congratulations:clapping:

son77
16-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Congratulations, sounds like it went really well. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Rubybubbles
16-10-2008, 07:11 PM
yeah well done

thanks for your tips too:thumbsup:

angeldelight
16-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Well done Elaine

Thats great news

You can relax now

Angel xx

Denise r
21-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Had my inspection and was graded Good in all areas. She was here for about three hours and was lovely. She liked the tree on the notice board, (Thanks Angel). She also liked the cat litter tray idea (thanks again Angel). Thanks Sarah for all the help from her ebooks, couldnt have done it without them, especially the SEF which she referred to all the time. She also liked the laminated cards giving medical permission for the children on my key ring, sorry cant remember whos tip that was but thank you. She liked the self registration pictures of the children which they stick up in the porch when they arrive, every child has a different picture with their photograph on it, got them off Sparklebox.

She did mention that you have to have a Fire Evacuation Plan displayed and a Lost child policy. I did have them but thought I would mention in case some of you dont have them.

Asked lots of inclusion questions, how I would adapt activities and outings for different ages, stages of development and disabilities. How I would accomodate a disabled child that sort of thing.

Asked lots of questions about working with parents and other settings.

Asked lots of questions on further planning for the children and spent a lot of time on risk assessments, she said you must have a written risk assessment for every room of the house, showing any hazards that you find and what you have done about them, that must be updated at least every six months as well as a daily tick list.

Hope this helps anyone waiting for their inspection. If I remember anything else will let you know. Glad its over cant wait for kids to go home to hit the wine.

love Elaine XXX

Hi Elaine
Congratulations you must be so relieved that it's over and done with for another 3 years or so!

Can I just ask a couple of questions, what is the tree on the notice board? And also what are you doing with the cat litter tray?!! Or dare I ask?!!

Well done relax and enjoy now!

Denise

Pudding Girl
21-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Oh I missed this....

Well done!!! :clapping:

samd35
21-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Well done, x

Rubybubbles
21-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi Elaine
Congratulations you must be so relieved that it's over and done with for another 3 years or so!

Can I just ask a couple of questions, what is the tree on the notice board? And also what are you doing with the cat litter tray?!! Or dare I ask?!!

Well done relax and enjoy now!

Denise

cat litter tray - small art tray lol