PDA

View Full Version : Dogs

Debster
16-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi Iam in the registration process and will be having my pre inspection soon. I have a dog she is great with children she sleeps upstairs most of the day and just pops out for the toilet every now and then. The problem I have is like mose people my garden is acessed via the kitchen back door. my house is open plan and I have no hall way. when she comes in with dirty feet she has to walk through the kitchen and living room leaving wet/muddy paws. where as we would just remove shoes when coming form outside how are you expected to deal with this as a hygine issue. I have even considered getting her doggy slippers but she will not wear them. Would you just clean the floor with antibac?(thats what I do now) I would not be fair to keep her outside all day she is 10 and likes her home comforts. Any tips or ideas of ways round it appreciated I know Ofsted are hot on hygine and its bothering me
Debs:panic:

HFC
16-10-2008, 10:22 AM
I have a policy saying any pet mess is cleaned immediately and sanitised. This would include dirty paw prints. I would imagine you would be covered with that.

Also invest in one of those turtle doormats, they really do dry their feet of as they walk in.

SimplyLucy
16-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Can you put a long runner inside the kitchen doorway. It's longer than a mat therefore the dogs paws will be dry be the time she gets to the end of it.

DudleyChildmind
16-10-2008, 10:49 AM
Also invest in one of those turtle doormats, they really do dry their feet of as they walk in.

I've got one of those and they are excellent :thumbsup: