PDA

View Full Version : Toys

PixiePetal
15-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Just having a break from sorting and photographing the toys I store in my loft room. Did'nt think there were so many!

Change them around every couple of weeks or for different ages/stages.

Thought if i had photos the lo's could look through and choose anything they wanted me to bring down for a while. Will also do the toys downstairs when I can.

I WISH I had a playroom

Jen :)

venus89
15-10-2008, 10:31 AM
I know how you feel - I'v ebeen meaning to do something siilar for ages, not least so Ofsted can see the toys I have. Half of them are stored at my Mums house and I rotate, the rest are jammed into a groaning cupboard - the kid you have to stand back from and slam the door very quickly to stop everything toppling on the floor! Must win lottery and buy a bigger house.....

Annie_T
15-10-2008, 01:38 PM
know waht you mean hun i no playroom and front hall has toys everywhere lol and front room lol
ive even put games in the cupboard under the stairs - not future mindee's are allowed in there due to tolls etc (i know im gonna bang my head when i go to get soemout coz the games will fall on my head lol

cant even build another room due to small garden in front and only have drive in bk (i dont classed a garden as no grass hehe)

buildingblocks
16-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Just having a break from sorting and photographing the toys I store in my loft room. Did'nt think there were so many! I WISH I had a playroom Jen :)

Trouble is even with a large playroom (15 ft x 15ft) I still have loads in the loft lol and i keep buying more

angeldelight
16-10-2008, 06:48 AM
Yeah it is lovely with a playroom

But now I moan because I have still not got enough room haha

We are never satisified are we ha

Angel xx

miffy
16-10-2008, 07:43 AM
I have toys everywhere - they seem to get in all rooms!!

Half the time I forget what I've got and the other half I can't find things :laughing:

I keep threatening a major clear out but don't get round to it

Photographing the toys is something on my list of things to do too

Miffy xx

deeb66
16-10-2008, 10:11 AM
I do not have a playroom and could not possibly have all the toys that I have out at the same time.

I operte a toy rotation system whereby I change them every week or two depending on how much time we have spent at home in that time period (i.e how much chance/opportunity they have had to play with them all).

I pretty much keep a good selection of toys out to suit all ages and I also keep a selection of toys on top of the bookcase (as younger children cannot reach) these are usually aimed at the slightly older children.

When I am about to rotate the toys I sit with the children and we look at the selection book and they help me choose what to get out.

The selection book is just a scrapbook really but has photo's of all the toys that I have (as well as written word) so that the children can point to what they want.

Have to admit that if I couldn't possibly get every toy out that they pointed to as we wouldn't be able to get in the house :D but I do allow each child to have a particular preference and then try to pick the rest by group decision.

HTH

Minnie mouse
16-10-2008, 10:19 AM
I love the idea of photographing my toys and then i can keep in a folder so when i ever i struggle to think of something to get out i can look in my folder or even better let the kids look and they can choose. Thanks :thumbsup: great idea