PDA

View Full Version : Missing clothing

SimplyLucy
15-10-2008, 06:29 AM
My early starters arrive in their pyjamas, bring their clothes with them and get dressed here.

There has been quite a few occassions in the past where something has been missing from one or two of the bags (there is 3 children).

Fortunatly the children are the same ages as my own so I've always lent them the missing items. However this is getting increasingly annoying and my children aren't impressed at "lending" out their pants/knickers. I don't blame them to be honest, it's not really the kind of thing you do at the age of nearly 9.

I don't really want to keep a seprate box of spare for before schoolers, I don't mind for toddlers.

I've asked mum for spare underwear to keep here and she never sends it. :angry:

Yesterday we had missing pants, today it's socks.

I can't send the children to school without these items of clothing so I HAVE to provide them, but at the same time this is giving the mum and the kids the attitude of "oh it doesn't matter if we forget as there is always something to borrow".

I know I'm being a bit petty about it now, but it's soooooooooooooooooooooo annoying.

crazybones
15-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Maybe a few texts to mum who will have to come home and provide the stuff or a refusal to have them come in PJ's would buck her ideas up. One set of mine send 3 nappies a day in his bag - the rest leave them here and just replace when necessary. When they forget I have to use William's nappies and I tell them and write it in diary. The next day I get another 3 nappies - none to pay me back. I dont know what they will do when Will is out of nappies. I have asked them to leave a pack like everyone else does but no. Saying that I havent been paid yet as mum usually does it and Dad has picked up and forgot. :rolleyes:

angeldelight
15-10-2008, 06:39 AM
I dont think you are being petty at all

Its not YOUR job to supply these children with clothing

I suppose you have 2 options here - you either have strong words with the parents and also put it in writing that you need these spare items of clothing
You could point out that in future that you cant supply them so you will be unable to take them to school therefore they will be with in your care so their fees for that week will be more expensive hahaha you could try it !!!

They should also bring you a spare bag with different spare items in it so if they do forget at least you have got that to fall back on

Or if you dont think that will work you will have to get yourself off to asda and get some cheap packs yourself for them to use at your house - there again not a great option if they dont return them

If it were me I would inviite them around and explain the situation

The longer that you do it for them the longer they dont care and will do this - in other words they are taking you for granted and thats not on is it Lucy

Have a word this cant go on

Good luck

Angel xx

SimplyLucy
15-10-2008, 06:46 AM
To be honest I have been considering suggesting that they get dressed at home now.

The olders ones are nearly 8 and I have no where private for them to get changed.

My own children are still alseep in their beds when they arrive so they can't use a bedroom. My bathroom is too small to get changed in and my bedroom isn't registered so they can't use that.

Therefore they have to get changed in my front lounge with their younger brother.

I'm not sure at what age this will be consider inappropriate.

They arrive with me at 6.30am and have a 15/20 minute drive, if they get dressed at home they'd have to be up even earlier, but I guess that isn't really my problem. :rolleyes:

angeldelight
15-10-2008, 06:54 AM
There you go then you have answered your own question

Get them to get dressed at home

Angel xx

Scarlett
15-10-2008, 09:28 AM
I would porsonally suggest that at that age they dress at home but failing that maybe when you do your weekly shop buy some cheap packs of knickers and socks to have ready.

Explain to the mother the plan and that your children are no longer happy to loan knickers and then as they are used invoice their cost with her bill. She will start remembering if it is going to cost her £1 every time she forgets to pack them. If she continues to forget your children are no longer loaning out their undies and you throw an extra pack in every few weeks! Just remember to invoice her!!!

Good luck!