PDA

View Full Version : rant rant rant .........

tara
14-10-2008, 08:15 PM
I have been working in my local childrens centre on a tuesday for the last 3 weeks with another childminder.The parents that bring there children are doing a toddler course for 9 weeks and we are caring for there children for 2 hours.They are paying us £6.00 .The first week the other childminder said lets share the money evenly between the 2 of us.So l thought sounds good to me so thats what we did.Then last week she decided to do contracts with 2 of the mums and become all ofical with them.She said that as were childminders that we have to go by our registrations.Theres me thinking well its only for 2 hours and some of the mums use there familys some tuesdays.Anyway l went along with it with her telling me whats what.So last week we got paid seperatly from different mums.Now we both are caring for these children.I rung ofstead and this what were doing has nothing to do with them because its only 2 hours so all contracts are nill and void.But today the other childminder said l owed her £7.00 as one of her children she has on her contracts from this group payed us £20.00 and we shared it now she wanted the money back.Like a fool l gave it to her l could kick myself why do l let people treat me like this as we are both doing the work.:angry:

Andrea08
14-10-2008, 08:19 PM
yes i would be cross too,
this is why my m8 will not work with me she said its not me but
buisness n m8s dont go together could have a point
x
i wish u luck sorting this out

miffy
14-10-2008, 08:20 PM
I'd find another job or another partner - think she has a cheek

Miffy xx

tara
14-10-2008, 08:26 PM
This women is no friend of mine this is the first time l have seen her doing this group.Im just so upset.Im going to go to the lady that asked me to do it and tell her tommorow as l worked today for £5.00 for 2 hours for a 9 month old and a 2 year old.Shes going to have to do something there is another mum that will help me we go to toddler group together and so were used to doing tots group.I feel its the princible of it that she had the cheek to ask me for the money.:angry:and the other childminder left with £19.00 :angry: I might have just stayed home

nell57
14-10-2008, 08:32 PM
I not surprised you're angry, I would be to. they say we learn from our mistakes, you wont fall for it again.

Good luck hope you get it sorted

Helen

Heaven Scent
14-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Who asked you to do it and who is paying you? It all seems a bit bazar to me. I wouldn't want to be doing it unless the childrens centre were paying me its all a very grey area - who is responsible for insurance and contracts health and safety issues. You don't have any rights to get people to sign contracts on the premises as you are not registered to provide childcare there. I think you and this other woman are threading on very thin ice as is the person who organised the whole set up. This other woman seems to be a right cheekie mare and i'd speak to the woman who asked you to do this asap and if you don't get a satisfactory answer speak to her supervisor ASAP!

emmadines
14-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Who asked you to do it and who is paying you? It all seems a bit bazar to me. I wouldn't want to be doing it unless the childrens centre were paying me its all a very grey area - who is responsible for insurance and contracts health and safety issues. You don't have any rights to get people to sign contracts on the premises as you are not registered to provide childcare there. I think you and this other woman are threading on very thin ice as is the person who organised the whole set up. This other woman seems to be a right cheekie mare and i'd speak to the woman who asked you to do this asap and if you don't get a satisfactory answer speak to her supervisor ASAP!

you do have some very good points:eek:

tara
14-10-2008, 08:52 PM
We are covered under the schools insurance that l do know.But the rest is a private arrangement the women who runs the childrens centre is doing the course and shes lovely.I dont want to let her down all the kids love her and if you have a prblem shes always there.But tommorow im going in to see her as im not having this.As for doing childcare there the other childminder said it was ok as you can take children out.Under 2 hours is not childminding so why she done contracts there is beyond me.Also l never done contracts only she did as l did not see the point its not long enough.Its also a short term thing.

berkschick
14-10-2008, 09:06 PM
I have done a similar thing at my local childrens centre but I was paid directly bu the council. I got £10 for 2 hours work, paid in a lump some at the end. It was never for me to draw up contracts or ask the parents directly for the money, that was up to the childrens centre.

Heaven Scent
15-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Berkschick - The blasted cheek of them £10.00 for 2 hours work is less than the minimum wage - is that per child or for total work.

Tata - Yes of course you can take the children you are contracted to care for in the premises you are registered to look after children in but and its a big but you cannot set up a separate contract to care for children at another setting and the other minder will find herself in trouble if ofsted get wind of it. You have done nothing wrong if you have not signed anyone up. But you will have, because you took payment directly from the parents but that isn't your fault the centre should have taken the money and then paid you. Unless this is the only minding you do in a week then the work there would have to be added to your other minding hours and you would have to be registered at that address so I'm afraid that you would need to be employed there. Do you have other mindees with you on thos days. - I'm sorry I wasn't getting at you before but I thought you needed some food for thought - I do feel however the other woman has shot herslf in the foot.

tara
15-10-2008, 07:17 AM
No l dont have any mindees with me as he comes over night.She had a mindee with her plus shes signed up 2 on her contracts there. From what l saw the parents felt they had no choice she put her paper work in there face.I wish l had never done it but l have to say that if it was not her then it would be better.I really feel better knowing that its not just me that feels shes in the wrong.Shes been a childminder for 9 years l have been a childminder for 3 months and even l knew about the 2 hour thing.For one thing when you get inspected before you have children they tell you then that you cant look afder children for no more then 2 hours.So ofsted would not like her filling in contracts mmmmmmm interesting.When l told her that we did not have to do contracts as ofsted said its nothing to do with them she still said she was going to do it properly :eek: She talks to me like a child and let me go home knowing she had robbed me.What a cow :angry:

angeldelight
15-10-2008, 08:04 AM
I can understand why you are angry Tara

Hope you get something sorted today when you speak to them

Good luck keep us posted

Angel xx

tara
15-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Well ive been in and talked to the lady that runs the childrens centre and explained how l feel.She is going to email the other childminder and say that the money must be shared.I f she gets an email back saying it cant be shes going to drop her because it cant work like this.She also said that she will pay me for the babys mum that did not pay the first week and l was left trying to get payment which l hate doing.

tara
15-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Thankyou every body for all your support :) Will let you all know what happens next.