PDA

View Full Version : advice please!

AISHAHG
16-01-2008, 08:26 PM
:panic:
i've been minding a 11 month baby for a week, who comes 15 hours a week, when we went through the contract mum said that during school holidays, there will be someone at home to look after baby, so my service may not be required and so i get paid only if he comes. As this was my first child i felt a bit under pressure and agreed, not realising she will be getting 70% of chilcare costs during this time as well. The contract has not been signed as there was going to be changes to her hours. I feel a little cheated so Should i change my mind about not charging her during school holidays as contract has not been signed, or is it too late or not very nice to change my mind now.
please advise on what i should do. thnks.

LittleMissSparkles
16-01-2008, 08:36 PM
its sound s to me, and i may be wrong, that she has taken advantage of the fact you are newly registered.

I would not sign the contracts with her and explain that in order to secure the place you require a 50 % retainer fee to be paid in school holidays, and politely tell her its your business you make the rules and if she would like to go else where that you are 100 % sure that everyone does this, she would have to pay full fees at a nursery/creche weather attending or not for whatever reason. Try to be firm and start as you mean to go on or it sounds like she is the sort of person to walk all over you, sorry if that sounds hars just trying to help and get you to think of yourself as well

xxx

angeldelight
16-01-2008, 08:41 PM
I think she is a cheeky so and so to be honest and yes I agree with Susan that she has taken advantage of this situation

If would ask her directly if she will be claiming tax credits for the weeks that you are not minding
Tell her you have to fill in a form for the tax credit people to say when the child is with you - it is only a white lie and she will not know will she

If she thinks they are going to find out she will think twice about NOT paying you like Susan suggested to secure the place for the time he is not with you

Good luck

We live and learn though but remember YOUR BUSINESS YOUR RULES

Angel xx

Monkey1
16-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Susan has just said what i was thinking! Great advice from Angel too!

smartypants
16-01-2008, 08:46 PM
What a cheeky c**

You have been given good advice already.!!

Stay stronge and stick to your guns Honey :thumbsup:

Hope it all works out for you

Kate
xx

chubbymummy
16-01-2008, 09:36 PM
you've had some good advice there

let us know how things work out

AISHAHG
16-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks guys,
The hubby did tell me to be firm from day one- its a buisness!
Im feeling a little nervous but, i will speak to her tomorrow.
Just got to work out what to say.

Thanks again! :)

sarah707
16-01-2008, 09:49 PM
What you say is... when we were originally talking, we forgot to discuss a retainer to keep your baby's place open through the holidays. I'm sorry, but it went totally out of my head what with all the other things we had to discuss.

Now, since you'll be getting tax credits 52 weeks of the year, you obviously won't have a problem with paying for the place, but I think we should both benefit... how do you feel about paying me half fee (or whatever you think is right)?

:D

miffy
16-01-2008, 09:53 PM
You've had great advice already

Just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow

Miffy xx

gailee
16-01-2008, 10:01 PM
some people will really try it on! thats down right cheek!! say you want to revise her contract or say you might not have her place waiting after the school hols that might frighten her a little???

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
17-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Some great advice hope you get on alright today with the mum, let us know how it goes.

Lorraine xx

Banana
17-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Totally agree with what Susan said.

Cheeky mare!!! Make sure you get a retainer in the holidays - otherwisxe it you who will be out of pocket!!

Good luck

x

charleyfarley
17-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Some parents do try it on , by trying to pay for as little as possible.

Stand your ground, I don't have many mindees in holidays and parents don't seem to mind paying me
One even insists on it, mind due it is only a small amount

Good luck for when you discuss it

Carol xx

AISHAHG
17-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Hi all, an update

Mum didn t come today to drop off or pick up child, dad did. I didnt discuss it wth him as he was not not there when doing contract. I decided i couldn't take another day of feeling nervous, so i wrote a letter to mum and gave it to dad, explaining that i would like the contract to be completed tomorrow, and explained about the retainer fees.{sounded more professional than that).
She hasnt rang me today( which is a good sign) so will be seeing her tommorow. Felt i was able to explain everything in writing, im not very good with words.

miffy
17-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Well done - hope you get it sorted tomorrow now - at least mum knows exactly what you want so you shouldn't have to go through it all again

Good luck

Miffy xx

Banana
17-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Glad you have set it out in a letter!

Let us know what happens

well done you!

x

Tily Bud
17-01-2008, 09:19 PM
grreat advice from everyone and welldone for writing the letter x

AISHAHG
18-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi all,

saw mum today, asked her if she got my letter and if it was ok.
mum said it was fine, school holidays she would pay a retainer fee, so alls well!

thanks for advice, really helped.

miffy
18-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Hurrah - well done you

Pleased it has all worked out well :clapping: :clapping:

Miffy xx

ruby
18-01-2008, 04:49 PM
so pleased it has all worked out

cathy and rachel