PDA

View Full Version : 2 under 1's for about 6 weeks?

vix84
13-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Hello, just after your opinions on having 3 babies around the year mark. Has anyone done this, and how was it?

Im on mat. leave and have enquiries for next year which would fill all my spaces for under 5's but it means having 3 little ones which means they may not all be walking. It also means i need to request a variation in ratio for about 6 weeks.

This is how it would be:
March
Monday: My max (9months) Child A (19months)
Tuesday: My Max, Child B (11months) ASK FOR VARIATION
Wednesday: My Max (9mths), Child B (11months) ASK FOR VARIATION
Thursday: My Max (9mths), Child B (11months) ASK FOR VARIATION
Friday: My max (9months) Child A (19months)

April
Monday: My max (10months) Child A (20months)
Tuesday: My Max (10months), Child B (11months) ASK FOR VARIATION
Wednesday: My Max (10months), Child B (11months) ASK FOR VARIATION
Thursday: My Max (10months), Child B (11months) ASK FOR VARIATION
Friday: My max (10months) Child A (20months)

May:
Mon.max(11months) Child A(21months) Child C(10months)ASK FOR VARIATION
Tues.My Max(11months),Child B(12months)Child C(10mths)ASK FOR VARIATION
Wed. My Max(11months),Child B(12months)Child C(10mths)ASK FOR VARIATION
Thurs. My Max(11months),Child B(12months)Child C(10mths)ASK FOR VARIATION
Friday: max(11months) Child A(21months) Child C(10months)ASK FOR VARIATION
June
Mon.Max(11.5months) Child A(22months) Child C(11months)ASK FOR VARIATION
Tues. My Max(11.5months),Child B(13months)Child C(11mths)ASK FOR VARIATION
Wed.My Max(11.5months),Child B(13months)Child C(11mths)ASK FOR VARIATION
Thurs.My Max(11.5months),Child B(13months)Child C(11mths)ASK FOR VARIATION
Friday. max(11.5months) Child A(22months) Child C(11months)ASK FOR VARIATION
July
No variation needed as only 1 just under 1.

Then in August I dont have Child C as only term-time, so come September Child C may also go down to 3 days. So I could just have the 3 youngest on only 2 days a week.

Hope you understand all this! Do you think I will get these variations for the first few months as there is only a matter of a few weeks before the children turn 1 etc.?
And do you think it is do-able?

vix84
13-10-2008, 04:38 PM
So after looking at the ratio's - I rang back the mum of child B to say after looking at raio's I probably couldnt take on her child till atleast Sept. as Id have 3 non walkers, but said she was more than welcome to come round still so she can ask about Childminding etc. And she said she would like to, so glad ive said min. of Sept. now when her child will be 17 months

Andrea08
13-10-2008, 04:51 PM
as im on network for young babies i got my variation , its a short inspection after a written request,

its all about transport? in the home is one thing esp if you have a good routine but if you want to go out you have to ask how will you do this, have a risk assessment and show ofsted that you could manage etc,

child still a little young for a buggie board so unless you got a triple buggie how will you go out?

still its hard but enjoyable work if you dont do anything else round the house for a few months lol

good luck you will need it :laughing:

vix84
13-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks:) I think I will tell the mum that I can only look after her lo from August - she will be 16months then so atleast she will hopefully be toddling around confidently so she can atleast walk to the car holding my hand. Through August I wont be having the other 1 year old as he is term time only, and then he may go part-time in September.

So I may have to ask for a variation for May untill June 19th to have my son who will be 11months, and the other 10month old 5 days a week - aswell as the almost 2 year old twice a week.
Do you think Ofsted will come out for that one?

And how far in advance should I contact them? If push comes to shove the parents of the 10mth old can wait till Max is 1 on the 19th of June, but ideally theyd like to start at the start of May.

mrsb
13-10-2008, 06:41 PM
You never know with ofsted, they might give the variation one day but if you'd asked a week later they wouldn't have....

I'd ask as far in advance as possible, at least then you will know where you are :)

Good luck x

katickles
13-10-2008, 07:07 PM
I currenty mind my dd 18 months, Mindee of 16 months & then mindee of 5 months & I can honestly say it's hard work.

It's not in the home as Andrea says, but when it comes to going outside thats where it gets difficult. I have to ensure that the 2 walkers are safe whilst getting baby in/out of car, then if ones in the double buggy of course the other wants to be in it :rolleyes: .

Soft play centres are a total no no, as its fine in the baby section, but theres no way I can ensure the toddlers safety unless staying with them but that means dragging the baby round with you.

Oh i could go on & on. Basically what i'm saying is that you need to be absolutly sure you want to do this & or are able to do it, but if nothing else, good luck hun x

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/21/2199/219927.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)