PDA

View Full Version : Creche scheme

Tatia
13-10-2008, 03:13 PM
I posted about this earlier in Goood morning thread but after having bene to meeting about it, foiund it so innovative and exciting that I thought I'd give it its own thread.:D

As for today, just have a meeting at the children's centre regarding the new 'creche'. It's really interesting the way they are doing it. The manager has been to a Bowlby training (an attachment theorist) and so instead of having a proper creche which is run like a mini-nursery,instead there will be a bank of childminders that the parent will choose from when they sign up for a course at the centre. The childminder will do a temp contract and is subject to all terms of her/his reg but can either look after the child (along with other mindees) at children's centre or can bring child home, depending upon what the parent and minder agree. The centre will pay the minders directly. Isn't that a fantastic idea? I'm really excited. I'm going along as there will be after school courses though I can't offer care during the day due to new job.

Don't think I'll benefit much from it as I will be working during the day soon but I was really impressed with the idea and the way the new children's centre manager is striving to create a real team of professional services and very actively promoting childminding as a viable childcare option.

What do you guys think of it? It's a pilot scheme here in Southend but has been used elsewhere in the country, I think.

sarah707
13-10-2008, 07:30 PM
It sounds like an excellent idea in theory.

It will depend on the honesty and integrity of the person running the scheme to ensure childminders get fair treatment though and proper turn taking happens.