PDA

View Full Version : POTTY TRAINING. he dosnt want to do a wee on the potty

honey
13-10-2008, 12:19 PM
he just sts on it, but when he is on a soft chair he does it. Am i starting him too young?? he is 2.5 so i thought he would be ready by now.

Chatterbox Childcare
13-10-2008, 12:26 PM
I was told by the doctor not to push children, especially boys as they will tell you when they are ready.

Does your son tell you he is wet or indicate that he wants changing.

My son was nearly 3 and was dry, day and night, within a week but he was taking his nappy off to show me wet.

honey
13-10-2008, 01:20 PM
no he dosnt show any signs but he isnt that vocal anyway.

donnahay0
13-10-2008, 01:28 PM
I have just started with a new mindee (boy) and he has just turned 3 and doesn't tell you when he needs to go - still in pull ups. I put him in pants so he can get an iea of what it's all about but he still won't say when he needs to go and will just wet himself. He will go off to the toilet when I remind him - sometimes he goes and others he wets himself a few minutes later when playing again.

I don't want to push it but think I will continue with reminding him so he gets used to the idea of going - he won't go on the potty but uses the toilet. He does seem to go quite often and I am reminding him every 10-15 minutes.

Pre-school just let him use pull-ups which I can understand as they have so many children to look after and he just wees in them.

Mum says she is continuing at home (she wants him trained), however, sometimes, if he doesn't want to, then he wears his pull-ups.

I think it will take a long time this way ...