PDA

View Full Version : Sick mindee!

pirateship
13-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Mindee was ill (headache and tummy ache) all day yesterday and has come to me today saying he thinks he's going to be sick. They have a teacher training day so I have three older ones plus a baby all day. Obviously we're going to have to take it easy today because of sick mindee but do you think I could call Dad to come home from work to collect him or as he hasn't actually been sick just leave it?

pirateship
13-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Also, baby mindee has just got over chicken pox, although older mindee has had this before it is possible that he may get it again. My partner had chicken pox three times!

Mollymop
13-10-2008, 08:25 AM
I would phone Dad and ask him to collect him. If he had an upset stomach yesterday he shouldn't be with you. He will be contagious. You don't want to catch it nor your little ones that are with you today. You shouldn't have to look after a poorly child whether the child has been sick today or not. xx

Mollymop
13-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Also, baby mindee has just got over chicken pox, although older mindee has had this before it is possible that he may get it again. My partner had chicken pox three times!

Yes it is possible to catch chicken pox again.

crazybones
13-10-2008, 09:06 AM
He should be kept off 48 hours from last bout of sickness (or diarrhoea), so I would contact Dad and send him home.

Pudding Girl
13-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Tricky one is he hasn't actually been sick - but if he is not well enough that you are having to accomodate him and cancel activities then he needs to go home imo

emler
13-10-2008, 09:15 AM
I would definately ask his Dad to collect him. Poor little mite shouldn't have been sent to you today x

emma04
13-10-2008, 09:23 AM
I would definitely call to get Dad to collect....Children only want a parent and their home comforts when they're ill. :(