PDA

View Full Version : Advertising vacancies

acorns
12-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Can I ask whereabouts you all advertise & what you have found to be most effective. I am using netmums and the childcare link site, but haven't had any enquiries in 4 weeks - is it a bad time of year???

Pipsqueak
12-10-2008, 09:17 PM
There are some good ways to advertise:

nowt better than word of mouth
leaflet through letterboxes
leaflets to your local industrial estates/retail centers (get them to put them up in the staff room) or asking HR to keep hold of your details
toddler, playgroup, anywhere children and parent goes - doc/dentist surgery, pharmacy,
local nurseries, soft play, childrens centers, health clinics
get together with some minders who operate round the same school or area and get a professional leaflet printed up (with several of your names and contact details on it) and ask the local school(s) to distribute in the childrens school bags
One of brillminders bags
t-shirt, sticker in car window

tulip0803
12-10-2008, 09:55 PM
I am just starting up again after moving area. I have a card in the Post Office/shop. I have spoken to the health visitor, I have spoken to the head teacher, I have spoken to the leaders of the local Mum's and Bump Group. I have a card in the fish & chip shop & one in the spar shop. I am waiting to go on local Children's Partnership list.

I only started advertising last week so nothing from those yet.

I have spoken to the 2 local minders (who are full) and they are passing my number on - I have had enquiry last week from a mum passed on by other minder. I going on Tues to Local childminding group meeting and hopefully then the co-ordinator of the group can pass people on:)

Where I was before (Essex) I got a lot of enquiries through the children's information service and a lot from the local school playground, Mum's coming up and asking. I never really advertised whenI was there

Angela234
12-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Most of my calls come from children's information service or word of mouth.

Angela

acorns
13-10-2008, 08:15 AM
thanks, what is a brillminder bag??

samd35
13-10-2008, 08:28 AM
I have t-shirts and for the children too , when we are out on an outing or soft play area so I can spot them.
In shop windows,, but I have found word of mouth best.
It is a quiet time at the moment though.

x

samgeordie
13-10-2008, 11:01 AM
I have found the best way is though being part of a childminding group, one of the minders sends out a monthly e-mail with everyones vacancies so if anyone gets a call they can't do it can be passed on to someone that can. Also I got one of mine through netmums and have had enquirys through mumsnet too.

melanieabigail2004
13-10-2008, 12:39 PM
I've have vacancies since Jul and only getting enquiries in the last 2 weeks - netmums seems to be the favourite at the moment

Mel