PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Contract?

mumtodaniel
16-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Hi, just phoned Ofsted and yippee my certificate was sent out yesterday.

I was asked today could I look after a boy (reception class) for three days during the half term holiday and probably again at Easter. I guess they will ask me for holidays now and again, and if I am free will be able to take him. This will be my first mindee, albeit temporary.

Was wondering should I use just a temporary contract for him, and what do I give the parents, all the necessary permission forms, and show them my policy folder, or do I have to get them to sign all the policies etc.

If I do need a temporary contract, has anyone got one they could give me.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Maureen

sarah707
16-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Hi! Congratulations on your first mindee - it's a pity it's only temporary but it won't hurt you to be seen around school etc... esp if you wear a childminding t shirt or coat I suppose in this weather!

I'd let parent read through all your paperwork, sign a permission form plus normal contracts (if you do a temp one you'll have to re-do every holiday as they're only valid for a month max) and give her a letter confirming dates, times and charges...

Then keep in contact by sending her an email or paper mail newsletter each month, so she remembers you're still there between holidays!

Good luck - let us know how you get on! :D

Banana
17-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Agree with what Sarah has said.

Also - congratulations on your first mindee!!

xx