PDA

View Full Version : Planning.......

Minnie mouse
12-10-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm working my way through paperwork and have came to my planning. I have planned what "Theme" im going to do for each month (obv this could change depending on children's interests) but as a guideline anyway im now doing medium term planning so ive wrote down the areas of learning development for each month (well started) and then theres weekly planning to write down the 6 areas of learning and look listen, note than an activity. Does everyone do these?Thats 52 individual weeks i have to plan thats a lot of work as well as monthly and yearly and then observations etc.
Thanks

Pauline
12-10-2008, 01:00 PM
My weekly and medium term plans are in one!

I have an A4 sheet, split into columns across and down. The down ones are Mon - Fri and across the top are the week commencing dates for 4 weeks

I plan ahead over the 4 weeks making notes on what we are doing, i.e. toddler groups etc. then on vacant days I put in activity ideas, toys to get out over and above those that are always there etc.

I make a note as to what area/s these activities will meet. :)

Long term plan is a month by month list of things like My Themes, Easter, Eid, Children's birthdays, outings etc. etc. to use as a reference.

sarah707
12-10-2008, 01:46 PM
I do the same as Pauline! :D

Minnie mouse
12-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Its quite hard to understand lol my head is spinning with everything that i have to do. Pauline do you have an example Sheet at all please?

Pauline
12-10-2008, 03:23 PM
I will email you in a tick :)

danast
12-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Can i be cheeky and ask for sample as well?:blush:
I just hear lots of different opinions and get a bit worried that when i do mine it is OK

cher25
12-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Pauline any chance you can send me the form aswell please? I've just wrote a thread in eyfs where everything is getting but mostly it's the planning. I've not even started with long term, and monthly and weekly ones are just scaring me!lol.

Trouble
12-10-2008, 10:07 PM
MEE TOO:littleangel:

shelly04
12-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Hi Pauline,

Just looked at thread too, could you please send me a copy. Much appreciated.

Shelly xx

Chatterbox Childcare
12-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Mine is the same as Pauline's - keep it simple with your routines on and then just plan in the activities where you have space for the gaps in your obs.

jaytravis
13-10-2008, 06:16 AM
sorry to be cheeky but can u sendf me one aswell
thanks

vix84
13-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Could I have one pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease:)

lucytownsend
13-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Me too please!!

Nettynoo
14-10-2008, 08:03 PM
And me please?!!!!!!!!!!!!:blush:

Pauline
14-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Sorry but I'm really struggling for time on this, I'm being inundated with emails and pm's and I'm so busy this week I will never get them all sent out.

Let me explain briefly what it is because it is so simple you can easily make your own:

Large sheet of A4

Write it like this across and down to fit the paper:

w/c | date | date | date | date

Mon_____________________________

Tue_____________________________

Wed_____________________________

Thur_____________________________

Fri_______________________________

(Join up the lines to separate them i.e. to make a grid. I can't do it on here)

Then in the gaps write your plan for the days activities. :D

busylizzie
14-10-2008, 09:17 PM
I do it a bit different.I have a note book (A4) and do a page per week.I divide that week into

1.All.....This includes everything I will be doing with all the children that week,what toys I will be using,general themes,toddler groups and which days,activities etc

2.Then I write down each childs name ,what days they will be attending and write how I will use the above above activities for each individual childs needs and stage noting down what area of learning it applies to and how much thay enjoyed it with little notes how I can expand it the next week.

3.Then I have a little area for extra notes where I jot down anything like things to buy,little obs I made on how things went,coud be improved etc,changes I could make,what I didnt manage to actually do even though id planned it:rolleyes: what ill do nxt week to follow on

I find it useful and quick.Well, it works for me:)